Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe
Author Message
 Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe

jdbgmgr.exe is part of the microsoft operationg system.
The reason that it gets past norton and mcafee is because
it is already a part of your system, their is nothing to
get past. If you have deleted it from your system, you
have a problem. I am not skilled enough to tell you how to
retreive jdbgmgr.exe

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:18:58 GMT
 Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe

Quote:

What about a 4 kb "prefetch" file with same letters only
in all caps? I have two XP computers, one connected to
internet, the other not. Both had the jdbgmgr.exe BUT
there was also an exe. file: JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf file
only on the slightly older laptop that is connected to
internet.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:35:14 GMT
 Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe

Quote:

Its still part of the operating system. The prefetch files are used to
optomise system performance by attempting to optimally layout frequently
used files in a logical manner on the hard disk.

Regards
Rob Moir.
Microsoft MVP.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:08:40 GMT
 Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe
Not necessarily.  It wouldn't get past Norton or McAfee if it was infected
by another virus as both of them would scan it as usual.  However, the
e-mail that is doing the rounds about the file is definitely a HOAX.

Never delete files just because an e-mail says so.  First thing is to obtain
a proper virus checker and download the latest definitions for it, then scan
the suspicious file.  Also, it won't hurt to go to a website like
http://www.sarc.com and check their encyclopaedia for this.

In this case, you shouldn't delete the file.  The e-mail is a well-known
hoax.  However, it is possible that this file could be infected by another
virus.  Hence, the check above.

To replace the file, follow the instructions below.

From John Clifford Hole [MVP] of Enfield Middlesex

How to replace jdbgmgr.exe.

For all versions of Windows.

1. Go to  http://www.microsoft.com/java/download.htm

2.  Choose VM and Debug Classes for x86

3. Select the Microsoft VM build 3805 for Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows
NT 4.0 and Windows XP 5.5 MB.

4. Note:  if running Windows 2000 select the Microsoft VM  build 3805 for
Microsoft Windows 2000 (Hotfix

5. Download and save the file to c:\temp directory

6. Run the msjavx86.exe file

7. Reboot

OR

For Windows 95

JDBGMGR  EXE   47,616  08-24-96 11:11a  is in the Win95_09.cab File so
locate this file and copy it to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.

For Windows 98 and Windows ME

From http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436 .

In the event that JDBGMGR.EXE was deleted erroneously, the following method
may be used to restore the file from backup:

-- Windows 98 Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type SFC and hit ENTER
2) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
3) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS)
(ie. D:\WIN98 where D is the drive letter assigned to your CD-ROM)
4) Click OK and continue with the restore function

-- End Windows 98 Instructions --

-- Windows ME Instructions --

1) Click START - RUN, type MSCONFIG and hit ENTER
2) Click the Extract Files button
3) In the "Specify the system file you would like to restore" field, type
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JDBGMGR.EXE and hit ENTER
4) In the RESTORE FROM field, type in the path to your WINDOWS CAB files
(ie. C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\INSTALL)
5) Click OK and continue with the restore function

Quote:
> jdbgmgr.exe is part of the microsoft operationg system.
> The reason that it gets past norton and mcafee is because
> it is already a part of your system, their is nothing to
> get past. If you have deleted it from your system, you
> have a problem. I am not skilled enough to tell you how to
> retreive jdbgmgr.exe

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:21:58 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

2. Jdbgmgr.exe file hoax

3. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

4. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

5. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

8. JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?

9. hoax jdbgmgr.exe

10. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax-tried everything

11. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

12. email telling persons to delete jdbgmgr.exe (teddy bear hoax)