Am I Safe?
Author Message
 Am I Safe?

Hi I recently got attacked by viruses(spaces pe_1445,
Nimda etc..) and had to reformat both computers and build
everything back up.  I now am using Norton AV 2002 virus,
on both computers, with defs upto date. I have also
updated critical updates from MS website for Windows 98SE
and ME.  Am I safe or are there additional precautions I
could take?  Am I more vulnerable because the two
computers are networked together via a hub?

Amit

Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:35:41 GMT
 Am I Safe?

Quote:

spaces virus is a {*filter*} one and you did the best thing to
get rid of it, as for your network the usual problem is
not from virus's but from hackers, just make sure your
firewall is always enabled and you should be ok

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:32:00 GMT
 Am I Safe?
I wouldn't be so optimistic.
Yes, you achieved the reasonable level of security
BUT
you can also check which services are running on your machine and to stop
those which don't need (for example, SNMP), to get rid of Netbios on the
interface which is connected to the internet, etc

Quote:

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:24:18 GMT
 Am I Safe?
No! Your not safe!
You need to practice safe e-mail rules, safe browsing,
I would suggest a firewall of some type, be educated
as to what to avoid opening, etc... new virus can always
get by the latest dat/def files and bang your stuck.
Quote:

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:50:39 GMT

1. How safe is $SAFE=4?

2. I am not deaf, but am I mute?

3. I am new to both LabVIEW and Microsoft Source Safe but...

4. A Safe Tcl? (NOT safe-tcl!)

5. Is it safe to compress changes?

6. FixedPoint asFloat -- is it safe?

7. How Thread-Safe is the UI?

8. Better task safe collections

9. Thread Safe Collections: Based on Aspect Style Programming with Interfaces

10. Is Java Type-Safe?

11. ST/V, is this a safe practice?

12. Need Help Passing Safe Array to COM Object