Help. remove virus from system restore?
Author Message
 Help. remove virus from system restore?

Hi all,
     just virus checked with Norton and found I had w32.

now in system restore.Norton told me that I needed to
purge system restore. Asked microsoft how to do that, they
said, disable system restore and that would restart my
computer and it would be purged. I did all this and then
did another virus check and found that the virus was still
there. Norton has given me there word that it is ok to use
my computer and the virus has gone, but it is still
possible to open the virus if I restore to that date?????
   Is it possible to purge the system restore and then to
delete the virus files?????
    hope anybody can help
        Carl Gibbo

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 02:42:52 GMT

1. Virus disabled System Restore

2. Worm virus in restore file

3. Getting rid of Magistr.b @ VBS.LoveLetter virus out of RESTORE directory

4. Virus in Restore Archive

5. please help!!!..w32 yaha.k virus wont give me access to 'system restore..

6. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

7. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

8. CW2.003 - System Restore after Crash

9. Virus remove under W95

10. restoring a system saved image

11. Removing Norman Virus

12. How to remove Norman Virus from C Drive