jdbgmgr.exe
Author Message
 jdbgmgr.exe

A friend of mine alerted me of the above named virus which
can not be detected by Norton of Macfee antivirus. I tried
to follow the instruction of deleting from the search and
the recycled bin but everytime I searched again it was
there. I tried to delete from the DOS prompt but the file
was not found. Please let me know what I have to do to get
rid of it for good

Charles

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:08:07 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe
Well to start with it is a Hoax (unless you received the file as an
attachment).  The file is a valid Microsoft file used for debugging Java
(particularly Visual J++).

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html
http://www.vmyths.com/hoax.cfm?id=275&page=3
http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml

Phil

Quote:

> A friend of mine alerted me of the above named virus which
> can not be detected by Norton of Macfee antivirus. I tried
> to follow the instruction of deleting from the search and
> the recycled bin but everytime I searched again it was
> there. I tried to delete from the DOS prompt but the file
> was not found. Please let me know what I have to do to get
> rid of it for good

> Charles

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:20:11 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe
The m{*filter*}here is to always treat any virus alert
initially as a hoax. Visit one of the major anti-virus
sites (Symantec is a good one) and check their "hoax
pages". Most of the alerts you get via email tend to be
hoaxes. If it's not a hoax then Symantec will probably
already have a tool to fix it.

Quote:

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:47:21 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe
If you are able to delete   jdbgmgr.exe   you will be
wiping out part of your operating system. Get it!
This is a virus hoax. and the cure can shut down your
system.....

Quote:

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:13:29 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe

2. jdbgmgr.exe

3. jdbgmgr.exe

4. jdbgmgr.exe virus

5. virus jdbgmgr.exe

6. jdbgmgr.exe (is this a virus!! please advise)

7. jdbgmgr.exe

8. jdbgmgr.exe

9. JDBGMGR.EXE

10. jdbgmgr.exe (virus)