Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post
Author Message
 Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

Just to let any one in this newsgroup know - when I clicked on the post
"Help me get rid of this virus" posted 2/21/2002 9:40 am, My anti virus
software notified me that this message contained a virus.

Just a heads up -
Jason

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:48:03 GMT
 Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

Quote:

> Just to let any one in this newsgroup know - when I clicked on the post
> "Help me get rid of this virus" posted 2/21/2002 9:40 am, My anti virus
> software notified me that this message contained a virus.

> Just a heads up -
> Jason

Well yes, because, for purposes of inspection by others, the poster
copy'n'pasted the code into his (perfectly harmless plain text) message.
You would need to save the said code back into a script file and
deliberately run it for any harm to happen.

A case of taking your anti-virus software a tad too much at face value.

MM

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:41:10 GMT

1. Getting rid of Magistr.b @ VBS.LoveLetter virus out of RESTORE directory

2. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. Help me get rid of this virus

4. McAfee NewsSniffer Warning: Virus posted to this newsgroup

5. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

6. Is this a virus if so how do I get rid of it

7. new virus how do I rid of it?

8. used mcafee viruscan online to get rid of virus

10. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

11. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

12. How to Erase a Virus Wihtout having antivirus program