TFTP traffic
Author Message
 TFTP traffic

Hi I am looking for a little advice, I appear to have got the Nimbda virus
on my Exchnage Server that is running IIS, but doesn't really use IIS.  I
know it has the virus because it is constantly trying to tftp to other
machines with random IP's.  I have ran the IIS patch, and numerous
anti-virus programs, and everything shows the server is clean, however the
computer continues to try to tftp to other computers.  I have remedied this
by renaming the tftp.exe file and it is no longer happening, but does anyone
know a real fix to this problem???

Thanks,

KK

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:40:22 GMT
 TFTP traffic
Had the same problem,

I installed McAfee groupshield for the exchangeserver
and installed also Mcafee netshield to protect the mailserverfiles.
I did a scan and cleaned all the file. Since then there wasn't any tftp
traffic.

Hope this helps

Angelo

Quote:

> Hi I am looking for a little advice, I appear to have got the Nimbda virus
> on my Exchnage Server that is running IIS, but doesn't really use IIS.  I
> know it has the virus because it is constantly trying to tftp to other
> machines with random IP's.  I have ran the IIS patch, and numerous
> anti-virus programs, and everything shows the server is clean, however the
> computer continues to try to tftp to other computers.  I have remedied
this
> by renaming the tftp.exe file and it is no longer happening, but does
anyone
> know a real fix to this problem???

> Thanks,

> KK

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:47:13 GMT
 TFTP traffic

Hi....

just visit http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99209 and see
what does Nimda do in many ways !!!

And also http://norman.com/virus_info/w32_nimda.shtml will be helpful

You may also use an exchange scanner such as NAI - GroupShield / NORMAN NVC
/ SYBARI

Quote:

> Hi I am looking for a little advice, I appear to have got the Nimbda virus
> on my Exchnage Server that is running IIS, but doesn't really use IIS.  I
> know it has the virus because it is constantly trying to tftp to other
> machines with random IP's.  I have ran the IIS patch, and numerous
> anti-virus programs, and everything shows the server is clean, however the
> computer continues to try to tftp to other computers.  I have remedied
this
> by renaming the tftp.exe file and it is no longer happening, but does
anyone
> know a real fix to this problem???

> Thanks,

> KK

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 20:22:28 GMT

1. TFTP Server VIs for Labview

2. TFTP server & LabVIEW

3. 10.20: root can't "su tftp": No shell

4. TFTP via REXX

5. Booting Dos over bootp/tftp ?

6. Anyone ever implement TFTP with Ada?

7. TFTP client source code

8. BOOTP and TFTP servers in Python?

9. 1)Sockets and Timeout/ 2) TFTP

10. Need help - expect script: Copy a file from tftp server to cisco router flash

11. Support for TFTP anywhere?

12. tftp client