useful help on virus and hacker problems
Author Message
 useful help on virus and hacker problems

You are missing something, I see questions getting
answered alll over the place.
Also Microsoft does not organize this group, this is an
area where users are helping users, if you think you have
the answers, then fess up, else shut up!

Quote:
directly
>if you feel the same, or can enlighten me to the
contrary.
>Alternatively if you visit here and subsequently find
>useful help elsewhere please let us all know where. Tony
>.

Fri, 20 May 2005 06:37:34 GMT
 useful help on virus and hacker problems
post a question, we will try to help

Quote:

Fri, 20 May 2005 09:56:41 GMT
 useful help on virus and hacker problems
Tony,

Firstly, this is group is not organised by Microsoft - they
just provide some server space.

Secondly, just about all questions get answered and,
usually, the answers are of a high standard.

Thirdly, there is information on viruses all over the internet.
Try the web sites of your anti-virus software vendor to
start with, then look at at the web sites of other av vendors.

Lastly, if you have a question, please post it here and we'll see
if there is anyone here kind enough to share there knowledge and
time for free.

Regards,

Mike

Quote:
> Have just read through 15 pages of these and feel hardly
> any wiser. Nearly all of the questions remain unanswered,
> this is a microsoft site, surely somebody there could
> organize this better and help us all out. Am I missing
> something or is there really not much point in coming to a
> sight like this for genuine help? Please email me directly
> if you feel the same, or can enlighten me to the contrary.
> Alternatively if you visit here and subsequently find
> useful help elsewhere please let us all know where. Tony

Fri, 20 May 2005 17:45:06 GMT
 useful help on virus and hacker problems

Quote:
> Have just read through 15 pages of these and feel hardly
> any wiser. Nearly all of the questions remain unanswered,
> this is a microsoft site, surely somebody there could
> organize this better and help us all out. Am I missing
> something or is there really not much point in coming to a
> sight like this for genuine help? Please email me directly
> if you feel the same, or can enlighten me to the contrary.
> Alternatively if you visit here and subsequently find
> useful help elsewhere please let us all know where. Tony

I disagree.  Most of the people posting questions here haven't yet used
antivirus software with the latest updates, and they are told so.  This is a
Usenet newsgroup, so it is organized like any other bulletin board, with an
original poster posting a question and the answers generally grouped under
that question.  There are plenty of very obvious places to look for virus
information, such as the manufacturers of any antivirus product such as
www.sarc.com

You can also try http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#virus   However, the
answer to "how can I remove virus xyz" is always going to be, "use an
antivirus program," because that's the way it works.

Microsoft has a free number to call for help with virus problems, listed at
the URL above.  I don't know what more you could possibly hope for in the
way of support!

If you are using an antivirus program already and are having problems with
it or you suspect it is not removing viruses, you may be better off going to
the web site for the manufacturer of that antivirus.  You wouldn't call
Chrysler and ask them to fix your Toyota.

Sat, 21 May 2005 00:15:04 GMT

1. Virus/Hacker help

2. Virus?Hacker? -- any ideas

3. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post

4. Virus Boot - Boot virus - help

5. Win32.Magistr virus problem: NEED HELP!

6. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

7. gd-hackers down?... problem with MI

8. HELP How to stop hackers

9. attn Unix hackers -- help!

10. Embedded Ruby (PART II)- Ruby hackers help wanted :)

11. Need a hacker to help me disassemble something

12. 486/586 ASM hackers please help our project