NIMDA virus
Author Message
 NIMDA virus

found infected file as Win98\SYSTEM\LOAD.EXE but couldn't
do anything with it except suggest that I delete it, which
I did. Now while problems went away, the system complains
after each boot that this load.exe file is missing. I had
my friends look in their system directories but nobody
could find the file.
If anybody knows what to do or where to ger this
misterious file please help.
P.S. also infected was MSVXD32.dll which also can't be
found but at least Windows is not looking for it so far.

Sun, 29 May 2005 10:26:39 GMT
 NIMDA virus

Quote:

> found infected file as Win98\SYSTEM\LOAD.EXE but couldn't
> do anything with it except suggest that I delete it, which
> I did. Now while problems went away, the system complains
> after each boot that this load.exe file is missing. I had
> my friends look in their system directories but nobody
> could find the file.
> If anybody knows what to do or where to ger this
> misterious file please help.
> P.S. also infected was MSVXD32.dll which also can't be
> found but at least Windows is not looking for it so far.

You don't /want/ load.exe, it's a part of the virus.

This page includes "manual" removal instructions -
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/nimda.shtml -scroll about halfway down for
the section on "disinfection".

As this virus is over a year old now, if your virus scanner couldn't prevent
you getting infected and couldn't remove it properly, you might consider
dumping it in favour of a competent virus scanner.

Rob
MS MVP

Sun, 29 May 2005 17:15:24 GMT
 NIMDA virus
Deleting a file is rarely the first thing to do.  Using an antivirus program
like the free www.grisoft.com antivirus that is set to download updates
every month or every day, and then contacting the manufacturer of the
antivirus if you have problems with being unable to remove viruses USING
YOUR ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM, is the thing to do.  If you use norton antivirus,
there's free support discussion groups at www.sarc.com

Quote:

> found infected file as Win98\SYSTEM\LOAD.EXE but couldn't
> do anything with it except suggest that I delete it, which
> I did. Now while problems went away, the system complains
> after each boot that this load.exe file is missing. I had
> my friends look in their system directories but nobody
> could find the file.
> If anybody knows what to do or where to ger this
> misterious file please help.
> P.S. also infected was MSVXD32.dll which also can't be
> found but at least Windows is not looking for it so far.

Tue, 31 May 2005 03:00:57 GMT

1. removal of nimda virus

2. Nimda Virus

3. NIMDA VIRUS

4. Nimda Virus

5. Nimda virus keeps trying to attack. Please help...

6. Norton Virus Alert...(W32.Nimda.enc)

7. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

8. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

9. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

11. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

12. Virus/Test Virus wanted!