virus or hoax
Author Message
 virus or hoax

I received the following email message and would like to
know if it is real or a hoax.  Hope you can help me.

My address book was infected with a virus. As a result, so
has
yours because your address is in my book. The virus is
called jdbgmgr.exe. It
cannot be detected by Norton or McAfee anit-virus
programs. It
sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is
sent
automatically by messenger and address book, whether or
not you send e-mails.
This is something I had no control over because I received
it by being
in someone else's address book. The good news is that it
is easy to get rid of.

Here's how:
1. Go to START, then FIND or SEARCH
2. In files/folders, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure to search in your "C" drive
4. Click find for search
5. The virus has a teddy bear logo with the name
jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN!!!!!
6. RIGHT click and DELETE!!!!!!!!!
7. Go to your recycle bin and delete it there also
IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR
ADDRESS BOOK.
This is for real and I indeed found the virus as
indicated.
Sorry for the inconvenience!!!!!!!!!
  PLEASE FOLLOW ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!! I ALSO FOUND IT
IN MY COMPUTER!!!!! SORRY EVERYONE  LOVE SANDY

Tue, 24 May 2005 12:31:25 GMT
 virus or hoax

Quote:

THE FILE WHICH I NOW UNDERSTAND IS A MICROSOFT FILE WE
NEED.  HOW DO WE LOAD IT BACK ON?  I HAVE SEARCHED
EVERYWHERE FOR HELP BUT CANNOT FIND HOW TO GET IT BACK
ON.  ONLY INFO IS THAT IT IS NOT A VIRUS BUT A HOAX.  IF

thanks

Irene

Tue, 24 May 2005 12:46:56 GMT
 virus or hoax
Please read this article
http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#5.14

Quote:

Tue, 24 May 2005 22:49:30 GMT
 virus or hoax
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html

Quote:

Fri, 27 May 2005 17:51:39 GMT
 virus or hoax
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html

Quote:
> I received the following email message and would like to
> know if it is real or a hoax.  Hope you can help me.

> My address book was infected with a virus. As a result, so
> has
> yours because your address is in my book. The virus is
> called jdbgmgr.exe. It
> cannot be detected by Norton or McAfee anit-virus
> programs. It
> sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is
> sent
> automatically by messenger and address book, whether or
> not you send e-mails.
> This is something I had no control over because I received
> it by being
> in someone else's address book. The good news is that it
> is easy to get rid of.

> Here's how:
> 1. Go to START, then FIND or SEARCH
> 2. In files/folders, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
> 3. Be sure to search in your "C" drive
> 4. Click find for search
> 5. The virus has a teddy bear logo with the name
> jdbgmgr.exe
> DO NOT OPEN!!!!!
> 6. RIGHT click and DELETE!!!!!!!!!
> 7. Go to your recycle bin and delete it there also
> IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT EVERYONE IN YOUR
> ADDRESS BOOK.
> This is for real and I indeed found the virus as
> indicated.
> Sorry for the inconvenience!!!!!!!!!
>   PLEASE FOLLOW ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!! I ALSO FOUND IT
> IN MY COMPUTER!!!!! SORRY EVERYONE  LOVE SANDY

Fri, 27 May 2005 17:51:31 GMT
 virus or hoax
Or

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html

Quote:
> Please read this article
> http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#5.14

Fri, 27 May 2005 17:51:51 GMT

1. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

2. IMPORTANT....Virus or Hoax

3. Hoax AOL Virus

4. Virus hoaxes

5. EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

6. Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax

7. Hoax virus - how do I recover?

8. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

9. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

10. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

11. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

12. VIRUS HOAX