McAfee recomends to close your firewall and disable the internetscan !!!!
Author Message
 McAfee recomends to close your firewall and disable the internetscan !!!!

please read the very friendly and useful? recommendations of McAfee
technical support.
(I run winXP and McAfee Virusscan 6.0)

Dear Bjorn,

Thank you for contacting McAfee Retail Support Center. My name is Mohit K.
My Support Identification number is JHI1001. I am happy to assist you in
answering your question(s) or resolving your issue(s) you have addressed in
you email dated Nov 15, 2001, regarding not able to access the web pages
offline.

In an effort to present the information clearly, I will first re-write your
question and then provide you with the answer or solution. If you find the
answer or solution is not clear to your understanding, please let me know
and I will be happy to clarify.

From the information you provided, I see you are experiencing some
challenges with not able to access the webpages offline when virusscan is
enabled.

In order to resolve your issue please disable the internet filter option in
the virusscan and also in the firewall settings please select the option
allow all.

I am sure you will find these answers/solutions should meet your needs.  If
you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know and I will
be happy to support you further.

Thank you for visiting McAfee Support Center.  I've appreciated this
opportunity to support you.

Mohit K
Technical Support Agent
McAfee Technical Support