Cleaning a virus from my system
Author Message
 Cleaning a virus from my system

I need education and direction. I have windows Me. Is
there some way to clean virus off my system?
All help appreciated.

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:55:02 GMT
 Cleaning a virus from my system
Maybe...
Depends on what virus
First do a Google search with the attachment file name you may have executed.
Generally the search will point you to an antivirus company with a "fix" tool, and
it will tell you all you need to do to remove it.
If your lucky
Give more information

============

I need education and direction. I have windows Me. Is
there some way to clean virus off my system?
All help appreciated.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:48:17 GMT
 Cleaning a virus from my system

Get an Anti Virus
Turn your computer on
Take disk out of package
Insert Disk in your CD ROM
Follow instructions to install it on your computer
Allow AV to scan entire system - all files
Write down what virii you have
go to www.sarc.com and search for the virii and print or copy their directions for
removal

: I need education and direction. I have windows Me. Is
: there some way to clean virus off my system?
: All help appreciated.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:06:59 GMT
 Cleaning a virus from my system

... and use an antivirus program.  You NEED to use one.  www.grisoft.com is
free antivirus, so there's no excuse not to.

Virus?  Antivirus.  Virus?  Antivirus.  This will always be the answer to
every virus question you have.

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#antivirus

Quote:
> Maybe...
> Depends on what virus
> First do a Google search with the attachment file name you may have
executed.
> Generally the search will point you to an antivirus company with a "fix"
tool, and
> it will tell you all you need to do to remove it.
> If your lucky
> Give more information

> ============

> I need education and direction. I have windows Me. Is
> there some way to clean virus off my system?
> All help appreciated.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:18:04 GMT
 Cleaning a virus from my system
Need to get yourself a Firewall too,
Try Zone Alarm (Sometimes Pro has conflicts with C++ 3rd party programmers, but
the free version is okay)

dcdon
=================

Maybe...
Depends on what virus
First do a Google search with the attachment file name you may have executed.
Generally the search will point you to an antivirus company with a "fix" tool, and
it will tell you all you need to do to remove it.
If your lucky
Give more information

============

I need education and direction. I have windows Me. Is
there some way to clean virus off my system?
All help appreciated.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:37:39 GMT
 Cleaning a virus from my system

You have more patience than I...LOL

Quote:

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:58:46 GMT

1. Now available: The Concurrent Clean System 0.7

2. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. [Clean]:trouble installing clean on linux

4. clean, non-clean functions

5. How can I Recover my system from this virus

6. Virus disabled System Restore

7. LoveLetter Virus in C:\System Volume Information

8. Virus in System Volume Information

10. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

11. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

12. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post