I catch nimda every time I surf
Author Message
 I catch nimda every time I surf

I have two computers on a small network and can surf from either through a
modem on each machine.
1 machine is a windows 2000 server.
The other machine is  windows 98.
There are mapped drives between the two drives and
the windows 98 machine logs on to the windows 2000 domain.

I have fprot on the windows 2000 machine and innoculate it on the windows 98
machine.
The windows 2000 machine has Internet Information Server  installed and the
windows 98 machine has personal web server on.
Both these antiviruses regularly detect nimda and do clean it.
But literally every time I surf I catch it again.

How can I stop this happening?

Thanks

Jonathan

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:29:00 GMT
 I catch nimda every time I surf
Jonathan

Check this out.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/recommended/iislockdow...
lt.asp

GWB

Quote:
> I have two computers on a small network and can surf from either through a
> modem on each machine.
> 1 machine is a windows 2000 server.
> The other machine is  windows 98.
> There are mapped drives between the two drives and
> the windows 98 machine logs on to the windows 2000 domain.

> I have fprot on the windows 2000 machine and innoculate it on the windows
98
> machine.
> The windows 2000 machine has Internet Information Server  installed and
the
> windows 98 machine has personal web server on.
> Both these antiviruses regularly detect nimda and do clean it.
> But literally every time I surf I catch it again.

> How can I stop this happening?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:34:35 GMT
 I catch nimda every time I surf
There's a difference between receiving the virus and "catching" the virus.
Just because Nimda shows up in a browser cache file or something doesn't
mean you are infected.

--

Phillip Windell (MCP)
Network Administrator

www.wandtv.com

Quote:
> I have two computers on a small network and can surf from either through a
> modem on each machine.
> 1 machine is a windows 2000 server.
> The other machine is  windows 98.
> There are mapped drives between the two drives and
> the windows 98 machine logs on to the windows 2000 domain.

> I have fprot on the windows 2000 machine and innoculate it on the windows
98
> machine.
> The windows 2000 machine has Internet Information Server  installed and
the
> windows 98 machine has personal web server on.
> Both these antiviruses regularly detect nimda and do clean it.
> But literally every time I surf I catch it again.

> How can I stop this happening?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 03:29:26 GMT
 I catch nimda every time I surf
What is fprot?  I'm having trouble finding a reasonably-priced antivirus
package from my W2K Server ASP development system.

KV

Quote:
> I have two computers on a small network and can surf from either through a
> modem on each machine.
> 1 machine is a windows 2000 server.
> The other machine is  windows 98.
> There are mapped drives between the two drives and
> the windows 98 machine logs on to the windows 2000 domain.

> I have fprot on the windows 2000 machine and innoculate it on the windows
98
> machine.
> The windows 2000 machine has Internet Information Server  installed and
the
> windows 98 machine has personal web server on.
> Both these antiviruses regularly detect nimda and do clean it.
> But literally every time I surf I catch it again.

> How can I stop this happening?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:55:18 GMT
 I catch nimda every time I surf
Hi,

the answer is: you must find and stop the source, where Nimda comes!

Nimda is one of the best viruses coded and spread himself over internet -
intranet and networks. So, it is not possible since all of the computers
connected to the internet / network have been cleaned and patched....

You can just protect yourself against it, but not against receiving.

Do not forget to install patches desired to secure IIS and others which are
offered by MS.

Regards...

Orhan

Quote:
> I have two computers on a small network and can surf from either through a
> modem on each machine.
> 1 machine is a windows 2000 server.
> The other machine is  windows 98.
> There are mapped drives between the two drives and
> the windows 98 machine logs on to the windows 2000 domain.

> I have fprot on the windows 2000 machine and innoculate it on the windows
98
> machine.
> The windows 2000 machine has Internet Information Server  installed and
the
> windows 98 machine has personal web server on.
> Both these antiviruses regularly detect nimda and do clean it.
> But literally every time I surf I catch it again.

> How can I stop this happening?

> Thanks

> Jonathan

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:06:29 GMT

1. Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

2. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

3. Strange link error every 2. time

4. Processing every time a record is read.

5. GPF in Clarion every time i do this

6. Clarion Rewrites CLW file Every time I load it

7. How do I acquire 1 image every time an external trigger fires

8. execute code every set time

9. VI that gets bigger every time it runs

10. random_seed() gives same seed every time

11. $recordset->Close() fails every time

12. update every second or every resched()?