Virus will not delete
Author Message
 Virus will not delete

My machine has a virus JDBGMGR.EXE that will not delete.
Norton Antivirus doesn't touch it.  I have deleted it out
of TEMP INTERNET and TEMP and WINDOWS/SYSTEM, then out of
the TRASH BIN. It does not delete.  Can anyone help?
Thanks

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:36:49 GMT
 Virus will not delete
Rita,

This is not a virus - it is a legitimate file intended for use by computer
programmers when working on java programs.

I suspect that you recieved an email explaining that virus detectors can't
detect it and that you should do so your self.  This email is a hoax - in
fact it
is probably the most prevalent virus hoax in existance.  If you go to
www.google.com and do a search for JDBGMGR.EXE you will be amazed at
the number of sites it returns.  If you were to read one or two of them you
may find they say pretty similar things.

The reason it won't delete is probably because your system is automatically
restoring it.

You should be running anti-virus software that you trust and keep it
updated.
AVG is a good and is free for personal use from www.grisoft.com.

If someone tells you via email that you have a virus and an up to date virus
checker says that you haven't, believe the virus checker. Certainly, don't
go
around deletingt files without investigating the subject first.

Kind regards,

Mike

Quote:
> My machine has a virus JDBGMGR.EXE that will not delete.
> Norton Antivirus doesn't touch it.  I have deleted it out
> of TEMP INTERNET and TEMP and WINDOWS/SYSTEM, then out of
> the TRASH BIN. It does not delete.  Can anyone help?
> Thanks

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 01:09:39 GMT
 Virus will not delete
Try scanning in Safe mode.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/200105240942...

Ben

Quote:

> My machine has a virus JDBGMGR.EXE that will not delete.
> Norton Antivirus doesn't touch it.  I have deleted it out
> of TEMP INTERNET and TEMP and WINDOWS/SYSTEM, then out of
> the TRASH BIN. It does not delete.  Can anyone help?
> Thanks

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 08:49:25 GMT

1. Deleted procs not deleted???

2. delete or not to delete

3. ITS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A 404 ERROR, FILE NOT FOUND

4. ITS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A 404 ERROR, FILE NOT FOUND

5. OT: filter to delete SWEN-virus emails from server

6. i have a virus which wont delete repair or quarantine

7. klez virus. Can't delete it

8. evil virus deleted?

9. Norton-deleting virus

10. deleted what I thought was a virus

11. help to delete w32/bugbear and trjan virus

12. virus is deleting shortcuts, closing programs