W32.Klez.gen@mm -- NOW MISSING .DLL FILES??
Author Message
 W32.Klez.gen@mm -- NOW MISSING .DLL FILES??

I got the aforementioned worm by e-mail -- without even
opening the attachment!! Used the removal tool from
Symantec. Then tried to use my Norton virus scan and got
this error message: "A required .DLL file, NETBREXT .DLL,
was not found." Symantec warned that it might mess with
NAV and said to open NAV in a command line. No luck. Same
message came up. What the heck? Can't seem to find
anything on how to fix this. Norton doesn't offer support
on my version anymore. Help! Thanks.

Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:32:40 GMT
 W32.Klez.gen@mm -- NOW MISSING .DLL FILES??

Quote:

> I got the aforementioned worm by e-mail -- without even
> opening the attachment!! Used the removal tool from
> Symantec. Then tried to use my Norton virus scan and got
> this error message: "A required .DLL file, NETBREXT .DLL,
> was not found." Symantec warned that it might mess with
> NAV and said to open NAV in a command line. No luck. Same
> message came up. What the heck? Can't seem to find
> anything on how to fix this. Norton doesn't offer support
> on my version anymore. Help! Thanks.

Hi there..

I have had the same prablome .. and just for u to know. there is no
cleaning methood for this virus yet, ive had to fight all the .klez
family
and there is only one thing i can say to you yet :

1.Reinstall windows.
2.Backup all your data.
3.Install 2-3 types of anti virus programs.

i use TREND .. server system 5.31 , NAV2002 and Lykla ptur.
and it does not even work 100%

what the virus does is for my knowlege its just ment to destoy data..
and
there are few fixes but none  works.. ive tryed anything and now im
working 24/7 to keep companys working normaly (its killing me)--

resolve it and ill do the same to you. btw .. i have a high
experience in fighting  viruses ass its my job every day,  ()

Best regards and good luck,
Steinki

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 03:12:57 GMT
 W32.Klez.gen@mm -- NOW MISSING .DLL FILES??
Hi,

Klez generally stops most AV SW, including Norton, McAfee, Trend, AVP,
etc.... so this is a NORMAL case for Klez infection...

you can download trial copy of NORMAN NVC which Klez is not able to stop....

www.norman.com or www.norman.no OR directly from
http://www.norman.no/trialversions.shtml

just run and wait NVC detect and clean Klez...

Quote:
> I got the aforementioned worm by e-mail -- without even
> opening the attachment!! Used the removal tool from
> Symantec. Then tried to use my Norton virus scan and got
> this error message: "A required .DLL file, NETBREXT .DLL,
> was not found." Symantec warned that it might mess with
> NAV and said to open NAV in a command line. No luck. Same
> message came up. What the heck? Can't seem to find
> anything on how to fix this. Norton doesn't offer support
> on my version anymore. Help! Thanks.

Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:26:51 GMT

1. How to prevent Virus W32.klez.gen@mm

2. w32.klez.gen@mm