How can I Recover my system from this virus
Author Message
 How can I Recover my system from this virus

Dear Sirs,

             I,m MCSE MCDBA. I,m facing a Problem in my
whole network that is actually a script (I think). It
creates two files in every folder Desktop.ini and
Folder.htt. In result my computer speed espacially file
browsing speed gets down and it's act like I,m using a 286
computer whenI search these files and delete them the
script creat them again after restarting the computer
automatically.

              Plz tell me the solution of my problem so
that I recover my whole network without any data loss.

         Waiting for your reply.

                                      Yours truely,
                                      Khalil Raza.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:59:06 GMT
 How can I Recover my system from this virus

| Dear Sirs,
|
|              I,m MCSE MCDBA. I,m facing a Problem in my
| whole network that is actually a script (I think). It
| creates two files in every folder Desktop.ini and
| Folder.htt. In result my computer speed espacially file
| browsing speed gets down and it's act like I,m using a 286
| computer whenI search these files and delete them the
| script creat them again after restarting the computer
| automatically.
|
|               Plz tell me the solution of my problem so
| that I recover my whole network without any data loss.
|
|          Waiting for your reply.
|

|                                       Yours truely,
|                                       Khalil Raza.

You're an MCSE for Win2k ?  And you're sure you're not Trolling us with this
question, right ?  Please don't get me wrong then and don't be offended if I let
you have more time to check this one out for yourself.

Grrttzzz,   Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn  MCSE

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:01:12 GMT
 How can I Recover my system from this virus

Those files are normal.  www.google.com can answer just about any question
you have about anything at all.  If there is something wrong with your
computer, those files are probably not part of the problem.

Be sure you are using an antivirus program that is set to download updates
automatically every week or so.  www.grisoft.com is free.  Also it's time to
do standard PC troubleshooting [the kind of stuff you don't learn when
studying for your MCSE] such as scandisk and defrag, etc.

Ways to look for viruses and signs of hacking:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#hacked

Quote:
> Dear Sirs,

>              I,m MCSE MCDBA. I,m facing a Problem in my
> whole network that is actually a script (I think). It
> creates two files in every folder Desktop.ini and
> Folder.htt. In result my computer speed espacially file
> browsing speed gets down and it's act like I,m using a 286
> computer whenI search these files and delete them the
> script creat them again after restarting the computer
> automatically.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:35:29 GMT
 How can I Recover my system from this virus
Karl, don't be offended but you're quote is hilarious !
".....[the kind of stuff you don't learn when studying for your MCSE] such as
scandisk and defrag, etc....."
Funniest thing I've read in days !  Thank you for making me laugh  ;-)

Bob

| Those files are normal.  www.google.com can answer just about any question
| you have about anything at all.  If there is something wrong with your
| computer, those files are probably not part of the problem.
|
| Be sure you are using an antivirus program that is set to download updates
| automatically every week or so.  www.grisoft.com is free.  Also it's time to
| do standard PC troubleshooting [the kind of stuff you don't learn when
| studying for your MCSE] such as scandisk and defrag, etc.
|
| Ways to look for viruses and signs of hacking:
|
| http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#hacked
|

| > Dear Sirs,
| >
| >              I,m MCSE MCDBA. I,m facing a Problem in my
| > whole network that is actually a script (I think). It
| > creates two files in every folder Desktop.ini and
| > Folder.htt. In result my computer speed espacially file
| > browsing speed gets down and it's act like I,m using a 286
| > computer whenI search these files and delete them the
| > script creat them again after restarting the computer
| > automatically.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:29:44 GMT

1. Hoax virus - how do I recover?

2. recovering from virus

3. Recommend an excellent system recover software--Sysguard 2003

4. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

5. Recover your system in seconds£?Don't worry about viruses and harmful web.Please give it a try£?

6. Don't worry about viruses and harmful web.Recover your system in seconds.Please give it a try! ^_^

7. CA Cans VO ?

8. It's not bad canned meat...

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. It's not bad canned meat...