virus problem - desktop.ini & folder.htt found in every directory
Author Message
 virus problem - desktop.ini & folder.htt found in every directory

Hi!
My computer has been infected by a virus which is unknown to me. My system
contains desktop.ini & folder.htt file in every directory. Deleting these
files neither helps. But system info reports that kernel.dll is loaded every
time. Please give me solution & info. about this virus.

Another virus problem is - whenever I start my computer it says scrsvr.exe
is not found. And also there are scrsvr.exe, instit.bat & Brasil.pif,
MARCO!.SCR files were running whenever I restart my computer. Please give me
solutions on above.

Thanks!

Mahesh Kumar, India

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:58:05 GMT
 virus problem - desktop.ini & folder.htt found in every directory
Hello

You should run some anti-virus software on your computer so it will check
and cure it.

--
Regards,
Intermedia.NET (DS)

Support: http://www.intermedia.net/support/

Quote:
> Hi!
> My computer has been infected by a virus which is unknown to me. My system
> contains desktop.ini & folder.htt file in every directory. Deleting these
> files neither helps. But system info reports that kernel.dll is loaded
every
> time. Please give me solution & info. about this virus.

> Another virus problem is - whenever I start my computer it says scrsvr.exe
> is not found. And also there are scrsvr.exe, instit.bat & Brasil.pif,
> MARCO!.SCR files were running whenever I restart my computer. Please give
me
> solutions on above.

> Thanks!

> Mahesh Kumar, India

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:57:13 GMT
 virus problem - desktop.ini & folder.htt found in every directory

Quote:

> Hi!
> My computer has been infected by a virus which is unknown to me. My system
> contains desktop.ini & folder.htt file in every directory. Deleting these
> files neither helps. But system info reports that kernel.dll is loaded every
> time. Please give me solution & info. about this virus.

> Another virus problem is - whenever I start my computer it says scrsvr.exe
> is not found. And also there are scrsvr.exe, instit.bat & Brasil.pif,
> MARCO!.SCR files were running whenever I restart my computer. Please give me
> solutions on above.

> Thanks!

> Mahesh Kumar, India

Regarding the files including MARCO!.SCR, you are infected with the
OPASERV worm.

Here is a removal tool:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.opaserv.w...

You should also apply all Critical and Operating System updates available
for your computer from Microsoft Windows Update, http://www.windowsupdate.com

You need antivirus software running on your computer all the time, and ensure
it is updated on a regular (roughly weekly) basis.

--
AZC

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:38:16 GMT

1. folder.htt

2. Finding the Desktop directory

3. Finding Desktop directory in Windows NT?

4. Folder / Desktop Icon layout -- serious problem

5. Having a problem finding caci.ini????

6. Creating folders and items on the desktop.

7. Desktop/Rexx Trick - Open a Folder

8. Creating A Folder and Iconson the desktop.

9. Setting Folder Position and Size on Desktop

10. Open a folder on the desktop?

11. Locating the desktop folder under Windows 9x/2000/Me/NT/XP