how do I restore sulfnbk.exe?
Author Message
 how do I restore sulfnbk.exe?

Recently rec'd email from a friend about virus,
sulfnbk.exe -- I panicked and deleted the file (as well as
in the recyle bin).  How can I get this file back?  Is it
important and should I worry about getting it back?  My
computer came bundled with Windows98, but I can't figure
out how to retrieve this from the cd roms that are part of
the master recovery package.  Any suggestions would be
very appreciated for this novice.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:49:45 GMT
 how do I restore sulfnbk.exe?

Quote:

>Recently rec'd email from a friend about virus,
>sulfnbk.exe -- I panicked and deleted the file (as well as
>in the recyle bin).  How can I get this file back?  Is it
>important and should I worry about getting it back?  My
>computer came bundled with Windows98, but I can't figure
>out how to retrieve this from the cd roms that are part of
>the master recovery package.  Any suggestions would be
>very appreciated for this novice.

Assuming you're running 98, 98SE or Me, click on Start, Programs,
Accessories, System Tools, System Information, System File Checker,
Restore File and then type in sulfnbk.exe in the field for file to
restore.  When it asks where to restore from, point to the directory
you have your .cab files stored in.  In "name brand" clones like HP,
Compaq, Gateway, etc,  they will be in the \windows\options\cabs
directory.  If that directory doesn't exist, look for a directory
called \cabs or \98cabs or something like that.  Failing that, point
to the \win98 directory on your original installation CD.

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 03:12:09 GMT

1. How do you restore the sulfnbk.exe file?

2. SULFNBK.exe - virus?

3. is SULFNBK.EXE a virus?

4. Virus: SULFNBK.exe ?

5. SULFNBK.EXE

6. -- SULFNBK.EXE Mailing is a HOAX --

7. my EXE doing not well

8. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

9. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

10. sulfnbk.exe ? Hoax ?

11. 32-Bit NMAKE.EXE, LINK.EXE, LIB.EXE, & RC.EXE

12. c5print.exe and c5printx.exe cannot run in the root directory of a network drive