SULFNBK.exe - virus?
Author Message
 SULFNBK.exe - virus?

I received an email that the file "SULFNBK.exe" is a virus
and should be deleted.  It is located in the
c:\windows\command directory on my computer.

Does anyone know is this is true, or just another hoax?

Thanks!

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:37:28 GMT
 SULFNBK.exe - virus?

Quote:
> I received an email that the file "SULFNBK.exe" is a virus
> and should be deleted.  It is located in the
> c:\windows\command directory on my computer.

> Does anyone know is this is true, or just another hoax?

The email warning is a hoax. If you have that file in the location you
describe, it's a legitmate Windows system file. Don't dork with it.

However, remember that viruses and trojans can be sent to your machine via
an email with any name at all, so any email that contains an attachment with
that name is to be considered suspect. (Actually, there is a specific virus
that mails itself out using that as the name of the attachment, but you need
to get used to the idea that what the file is named is unimportant and to
suspect any weird attachments and downloads).

Lastly, remember even legitimate windows system files can become infected.
Use an up to date virus scanner and practice "safe computing".

http://www.vmyths.com/hoax.cfm?id=257&page=3 may be of interest.

Robert Moir, Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP
To search the MS Knowledge base use the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp?PSL=1
My Homepage - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
** Emailed questions will not be answered **

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:46:45 GMT

1. is SULFNBK.EXE a virus?

2. Virus: SULFNBK.exe ?

3. how do I restore sulfnbk.exe?

4. How do you restore the sulfnbk.exe file?

5. SULFNBK.EXE

6. -- SULFNBK.EXE Mailing is a HOAX --

7. what virus cpontains the exe file CFGWIZ32.exe

8. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

9. OPTICAL.EXE est censĂ© ĂȘtre un virus ...

10. virus: trickler_4010.exe

11. virus in explorer.exe???

12. Virus Program: c:\winnt\system32\msmsgs.exe