PC possessed by McAfee
Author Message
 PC possessed by McAfee

I know this is not the right place, but can anyone direct me to some
helpful resources?

I am unable to remove Virus scan from my NT4 PC.  I have deleted all
files known to me that are related to Network Associates/McAfee virus
scan, and still the program is listed in my Add/Remove programs.  I have
also tried removing it from my registry.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Andy

  andrew.brockmann.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 16 May 2004 00:19:54 GMT
 PC possessed by McAfee
Hi,

first of all you may look at your guide and readme.txt ( printed / pdf )
most of these issues are solved there.. Then you can reach the technical
support / knowledge base area of NAI on the web...

Quote:
> I know this is not the right place, but can anyone direct me to some
> helpful resources?

> I am unable to remove Virus scan from my NT4 PC.  I have deleted all
> files known to me that are related to Network Associates/McAfee virus
> scan, and still the program is listed in my Add/Remove programs.  I have
> also tried removing it from my registry.

> Any advice is greatly appreciated!
> Andy

Sun, 16 May 2004 17:21:12 GMT
 PC possessed by McAfee
      Open Regedit or regedt32.
      Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\UNINSTALL.
      Locate the reference here and delete it
      Reboot and the reference will not be there anymore

      Reinstall the software and uninstall it again using the Add/Remove
Programs applet in the Control Panel

Quote:
> I know this is not the right place, but can anyone direct me to some
> helpful resources?

> I am unable to remove Virus scan from my NT4 PC.  I have deleted all
> files known to me that are related to Network Associates/McAfee virus
> scan, and still the program is listed in my Add/Remove programs.  I have
> also tried removing it from my registry.

> Any advice is greatly appreciated!
> Andy

Mon, 17 May 2004 22:29:33 GMT

1. Mcafee 6.01 slowing down PC ?

2. Possessed .APP?

3. DELL Computers Knowingly Installs Malfunctioning McAfee VirusScan Software

4. Clipper 87 & Mcafee virus Scan

5. Clarion and McAfee issues

6. McAfee NewsSniffer Warning: Virus posted to this newsgroup

7. Mcafee VSC update licence renewal

8. uninstalling of McAfee Virus Scan

9. Mcafee virus scan online and signature error

10. Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

11. McAfee VirusScan & _Restore folder

12. mcafee