Sender: "Microsoft Network Technical Support" <otvslzkhj-

Recipient: "MS Customer" <  >
Subject: Latest Microsoft Security Update

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:56:11 GMT
 alleged latest security updates. VIRUS attached
Thanks.  We've been very aware of this for some time.  You'll see a lot of
should do to stop it.

Quote:
> I am getting mail for someone who is sending out updates
> from microsoft.net but it has a virus, hrees what i found

> Source: Q108227.exe

> Click for more information about this virus :

> Sender: "Microsoft Network Technical Support" <otvslzkhj-

> Recipient: "MS Customer" <  >
> Subject: Latest Microsoft Security Update

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:02:54 GMT
 alleged latest security updates. VIRUS attached

Quote:

> Thanks.  We've been very aware of this for some time.
> You'll see a lot of previous posts are about this same
> issue.  There's nothing anyone can or should do to stop it.

Yes there is.  The entire internet using population of the
planet should install antivirus and keep it up to date.  They
should also keep their computers patched with all critical
and operating system updates.  Ahh, a Utopian society.  ;-)

--
AZC

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:10:45 GMT

1. VIRUS IN SECURITY UPDATE

2. Alleged virus

3. Cellspacing <- This email had a virus attached

4. Virus in attached files

5. Emails with viruses attached

6. Virus in attached files

7. Virus Alert -- bogus Microsoft Security Patch [hd_const@cox.net]

8. Virus in Microsoft Security Download?

9. virus from ms-security website disabled Norton Antivirus

10. virus in security message purporting to be from MS

11. virus and security

12. Premier - Product Support Services - Moderate Security Alert - Virus: Gigger/JS.Gigger.A@mm