jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
Author Message
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

G'day group.

Somebody please explain me the following pattern that I find in all postings
concerning jdbgmgr.exe.

1]  All posters with questions regarding jdbgmgr.exe only seem to have a
christian name, just that.
2]  They all seem to be capable enough to express their problem, yet they can't
seem to google up the answer on the jdbgmgr.exe problem, nor do they seem to be
able to read back older posts with the relevant answers in the newsgroups.
3]  From the headers I see they all use X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows
2000
4]  From the headers I see their IP's are all in the same range;

I haven't answered jdbgmgr.exe postings in these last weeks because of this, and
will not do so until someone can reassure me we're not being Trolled here
*BigTime*.

Greetingzzzzzzzzz,  Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:39:18 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

Just to clarrify.
My computer has a free evaluation copy of a anti virus
program. It detected the virus as W32/Livra.A
I thought it is disinfected. This was happened yesterday.
Today morning I couldn't roboot my computer. Its asking "
Insert bootable media in the appropriate drive"
So I guess this can be a problem of that virus. I came to
that conclusion after reading the details of that virus in
microsoft web page. But there they hasn't mentioned a
method/patch to use to recover the computer.

Quote:

.

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:32:35 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
As I've seen explained before here, the newsreader version and IP probably
indicates that they're using the Microsoft newsgroup interface on their
support web site.  The IP address is likely of that server.

I can't see someone getting too much pleasure out of trolling again and
again and again like that.  I would think it would get really boring.

Quote:
> G'day group.

> Somebody please explain me the following pattern that I find in all
postings
> concerning jdbgmgr.exe.

> 1]  All posters with questions regarding jdbgmgr.exe only seem to have a
> christian name, just that.
> 2]  They all seem to be capable enough to express their problem, yet they
can't
> seem to google up the answer on the jdbgmgr.exe problem, nor do they seem
to be
> able to read back older posts with the relevant answers in the newsgroups.
> 3]  From the headers I see they all use X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for
Windows
> 2000
> 4]  From the headers I see their IP's are all in the same range;

> I haven't answered jdbgmgr.exe postings in these last weeks because of
this, and
> will not do so until someone can reassure me we're not being Trolled here
> *BigTime*.

> Greetingzzzzzzzzz,  Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

> Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this
issue.
> This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:52:42 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

| As I've seen explained before here, the newsreader version and IP probably
| indicates that they're using the Microsoft newsgroup interface on their
| support web site.  The IP address is likely of that server.

All of them using the MS newsgroup interface and none of them can't seem to find
info any other way, nor are they able to read back posts ?  So they post and
post and post............  ;-(
Thnx Karl.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:08:27 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

Quote:
> All of them using the MS newsgroup interface and none of them can't seem
to find
> info any other way, nor are they able to read back posts ?  So they post
and
> post and post............  ;-(
> Thnx Karl.

Worse than that, many of them are probably expecting personal replies back
in email.  We waste our time answering their question, they never see our
response, and then they complain about how they contacted Microsoft and the
big evil company just ignored them...

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:11:24 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

| > All of them using the MS newsgroup interface and none of them can't seem
| to find
| > info any other way, nor are they able to read back posts ?  So they post
| and
| > post and post............  ;-(
| > Thnx Karl.
|
| Worse than that, many of them are probably expecting personal replies back
| in email.  We waste our time answering their question, they never see our
| response, and then they complain about how they contacted Microsoft and the
| big evil company just ignored them...

You're right.  I sincerely think that's not far from the truth.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:34:30 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
People like me who doesn't know much about maintaining
computers, can't identify the similarity in problems. You
may be an expert.. so you can identify the similarity
quickly. So you get bored.

Quote:

Quote:

>> G'day group.

>> Somebody please explain me the following pattern that I
find in all
>postings
>> concerning jdbgmgr.exe.

>> 1]  All posters with questions regarding jdbgmgr.exe
only seem to have a
>> christian name, just that.
>> 2]  They all seem to be capable enough to express their
problem, yet they
>can't
>> seem to google up the answer on the jdbgmgr.exe

problem, nor do they seem
Quote:
>to be
>> able to read back older posts with the relevant answers
in the newsgroups.
>> 3]  From the headers I see they all use X-Newsreader:
Microsoft CDO for
>Windows
>> 2000
>> 4]  From the headers I see their IP's are all in the
same range;

>> I haven't answered jdbgmgr.exe postings in these last
weeks because of
>this, and
>> will not do so until someone can reassure me we're not
being Trolled here
>> *BigTime*.

>> Greetingzzzzzzzzz,  Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

>> Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can
learn from this
>issue.
>> This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no
warranties.

>.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:37:07 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

| People like me who doesn't know much about maintaining
| computers, can't identify the similarity in problems. You
| may be an expert.. so you can identify the similarity
| quickly. So you get bored.

OK, Indika, to resolve something of the similarity at hand I have one question
for you.  In the headers of your post I read  X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for
Windows 2000.  Can you tell me from where you post, and how you read the replies
given ?

Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn

Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can learn from this issue.
This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranties.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:06:52 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
The computer which I am using now is working with windows
2000. And I am using explorer for internet connection. And
this is not connected through a modam.
From where: means country??? or ???
I don't know about the header you are talking about.
Because I want a immediate solution to my computer I
tried/am trying every option. So today I registered for
this product support services news group , which has a
link to the microsoft web page.
Reading some of past mails only I thought to submit my
query.

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 23:38:09 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

| The computer which I am using now is working with windows
| 2000. And I am using explorer for internet connection. And
| this is not connected through a modam.
| From where: means country??? or ???
| I don't know about the header you are talking about.
| Because I want a immediate solution to my computer I
| tried/am trying every option. So today I registered for
| this product support services news group , which has a
| link to the microsoft web page.
| Reading some of past mails only I thought to submit my
| query.

OK, first things first then.  Your virus problem.
You wrote;  "It detected the virus as W32/Livra.A.  I thought it is
disinfected."
First off [nitpicker that I am]  Livra.A must be a typo, I'm sure you mean
Lirva.A.
Have you looked at;

or tried downloading teir tool from;
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.lirva.rem...
tml

Furthermore there is;
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_...
that also mentions the patch for "Incorrect MIME Header Can Cause IE to Execute
E-mail Attachment" is important.
You can find it at;
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/se...
etin/ms01-020.asp
[BTW, always keep an eye out for MS patches, there aren't there for no reason.]

Lastly;
http://www3.ca.com/solutions/collateral.asp?CT=27081&CID=38671
and
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32avrila.html
have additional info.

Take care of URL-wrap,  hopes this helps you a bit.

Now back to the question I posed.  The NNTP posting info always is in the -08.00
timezone and on just a specific IP.  What I wanted to know is the URL [or
address on the web] you use to post in this group and read the answers.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 00:21:45 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
Thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?
ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discuss
ion&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-gb;newsgroups

Quote:

2.lirva.removal.tool.h
Quote:
>tml

>Furthermore there is;
>http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?
VName=WORM_LIRVA.A
>that also mentions the patch for "Incorrect MIME Header

Can Cause IE to Execute
Quote:
>E-mail Attachment" is important.
>You can find it at;
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?

url=/technet/security/bull
Quote:
>etin/ms01-020.asp
>[BTW, always keep an eye out for MS patches, there aren't

there for no reason.]
Quote:

>Lastly;
>http://www3.ca.com/solutions/collateral.asp?
CT=27081&CID=38671
>and
>http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32avrila.html
>have additional info.

>Take care of URL-wrap,  hopes this helps you a bit.

>Now back to the question I posed.  The NNTP posting info

always is in the -08.00

>timezone and on just a specific IP.  What I wanted to
know is the URL [or
>address on the web] you use to post in this group and
read the answers.

>.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:10:59 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

Quote:

> | > All of them using the MS newsgroup interface and none of them can't
> seem
> | to find
> | > info any other way, nor are they able to read back posts ?  So they
> post
> | and
> | > post and post............  ;-(
> | > Thnx Karl.
> |
> | Worse than that, many of them are probably expecting personal replies
> back
> | in email.  We waste our time answering their question, they never see
> our
> | response, and then they complain about how they contacted Microsoft and
> the
> | big evil company just ignored them...

> You're right.  I sincerely think that's not far from the truth.

I agree - Bob - you might want to try an HTML post yourself to compare the
results--if you go to support.microsoft.com and click the bottom link, then
open security, you can find this group.

There are a number of flaws in this setup:  1) the interface above uses
"friendly names" for the groups, and doesn't include all groups--so it can
be confusing for one who is used to NNTP.  2) the servers can be overloaded,
and operations like expanding threads or searching won't succeed.  3) I have
instances of threads where the user posted via HTML, I responded via NNTP,
and my response has never (since I last checked--at least 3 or 4 days)
appeared in the HTML interface.  If the OP goes in via NNTP, he can see the
response.  This is maddening!

There's an alternative way in which doesn't use the shortened names:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp

I'm not sure where this is publicized--perhaps in MSN??  It lists all the
groups by their full names.  However, the thread I mentioned where my
crucial reply is missing, is identical in that interface--i.e. both ways in
view the same data.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:11:49 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
??????

: People like me who doesn't know much about maintaining
: computers, can't identify the similarity in problems. You
: may be an expert.. so you can identify the similarity
: quickly. So you get bored.
:
:
:

Quote:
: >As I've seen explained before here, the newsreader
: version and IP probably
: >indicates that they're using the Microsoft newsgroup
: interface on their
: >support web site.  The IP address is likely of that
: server.
: >
: >I can't see someone getting too much pleasure out of
: trolling again and
: >again and again like that.  I would think it would get
: really boring.
: >
: >
: >"Bob A. Schelfhout Aubertijn MCSE"

: >> G'day group.
: >>
[...]
: >> NNTP-Posting-Host: 10.40.1.160
: >>
: >> ==================================================
: >> Please reply to the newsgroup only so that others can
: learn from this
: >issue.
: >> This message is provided "as is", with absolutely no
: warranties.
: >> ==================================================
: >>
: >>
: >
: >
: >.
: >

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:12:04 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.

Quote:

>> As I've seen explained before here, the newsreader version and IP
>> probably indicates that they're using the Microsoft newsgroup
>> interface on their support web site.  The IP address is likely of
>> that server.

> All of them using the MS newsgroup interface and none of them can't
> seem to find info any other way, nor are they able to read back posts
> ?

Before you get too skeptical about that, give the web interface a go. Try
and find something Karl or I said a couple weeks ago, or some posts from
yourself. Heck give it a few days and try to find this one. It truly is the
most [censored] piece of [censored] I've ever had the [deleted] "pleasure"
to cast my eyes upon.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 05:03:11 GMT
 jdbgmgr.exe flood, once again ? yes, once again.
Greetings --

    Aw, come on, Robert, don't sugar coat it.  Tell us how you really
feel about.  ;-}

(No that I disagree, mind you.)

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

Quote:

> Before you get too skeptical about that, give the web interface a
> go. Try
> and find something Karl or I said a couple weeks ago, or some posts
> from
> yourself. Heck give it a few days and try to find this one. It truly
> is the
> most [censored] piece of [censored] I've ever had the [deleted]
> "pleasure"
> to cast my eyes upon.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 05:29:11 GMT

 [ 31 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

 Relevant Pages

1. AD: VisualAge Smalltalk licences once again available from Totally Objects

2. comma question once again

3. IBM once again

4. Once Again Please: Mark Records

5. Once again: TPS- Performance

6. ODBC once again

7. OCXPRP32 (Once again, sorry!)

8. Editor cursor, once again

9. Java vs Ada 95 (Was Re: Once again, Ada absent from DoD SBIR solicitation)

10. Once again: PocketForth Users?

11. LOGO-L> Re: String Art once again

12. LOGO-L> String Art once again