how to delete unopened files
Author Message
 how to delete unopened files

understand contains a virus. I did not open it, and wish
to delete it without opening it.  However, if I single
click or right click on the file in an effort to delete
it, it will automatically open (I am using Outlook Express
6).  How do I delete without opening????

Ironically, Outlook Express is not indicating that the e-
mail contains an attachment (IE - no paperclip symbol). I
thought attachments are the vehicles that actually carries
the virus, not the e-mail itself. In view of this, perhaps
the e-mail is safe to open, which can then be deleted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:55:24 GMT
 how to delete unopened files
Turn off preview pane,, (view Layout uncheck preview pane)
highlight Email and then either right click and delete or move to deleted items box,
empty trash

:
: Ironically, Outlook Express is not indicating that the e-
: mail contains an attachment (IE - no paperclip symbol). I
: thought attachments are the vehicles that actually carries
: the virus, not the e-mail itself. In view of this, perhaps
: the e-mail is safe to open, which can then be deleted.
:
: Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:09:33 GMT
 how to delete unopened files
Also recommend getting a mail washer.
Let's you check your email before it comes off the ISP server.
You an choose to send a blacklist and send a "bounce" saying this email addres is
NO longer valid
(This can have a 1/2 of 1 percent change of negative ramifacations, probably even
less than that.)
(Chance has to do with the hacker hard coding your email address in the "return
to:" for SPAM or other they send)

G'Day
don
==========

understand contains a virus. I did not open it, and wish
to delete it without opening it.  However, if I single
click or right click on the file in an effort to delete
it, it will automatically open (I am using Outlook Express
6).  How do I delete without opening????

Ironically, Outlook Express is not indicating that the e-
mail contains an attachment (IE - no paperclip symbol). I
thought attachments are the vehicles that actually carries
the virus, not the e-mail itself. In view of this, perhaps
the e-mail is safe to open, which can then be deleted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:35:46 GMT
 how to delete unopened files
You an choose to send a blacklist = You can choose to ass to a blacklist

sorry,
;-)
don
==========

[...]

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:37:17 GMT

1. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

2. Delete file on file server

3. need help with rename-file/delete-file

4. Bitmap from an unopened window

5. Visual Smalltalk Enterprise -- Unopened Copies Selling at Cost

6. Wanted: Unopened Visual Smalltalk Software

7. Delete files on Windows--C:\Recycle or file delete?

8. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

9. Deleted procs not deleted???

10. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array

11. bug(?): menu delete operation always deletes at least one entry

12. delete or not to delete