lost jpg's SIRCAM Worm?
Author Message
 lost jpg's SIRCAM Worm?

Hi Out there

I had a dose of the Sircam worm and now I can't open my Jpg's. I think I
have got shot of the worm. How do I get my pic's back? Any ideas?

Thanks if you can help.

Eugene.

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:03:19 GMT
 lost jpg's SIRCAM Worm?

Hi,

for a sircam remover doswnload the file at
http://download.nai.com/products/media/mcafeeb2b/zip/scrmove2.zip and read
details et
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/avert/avert-research-center/tools/...

INSTRUCTIONS:
* This program needs to run from a windows command line prompt
* THIS PROGRAM CANNOT RUN FROM A DOS COMMAND LINE PROMPT
* Create a c:\scremove directory
* Extract the file scrmove2.zip to c:\scremove to the infected machine.
* Double click on the remove.bat

WHAT IT DOES:
1. Initiates a scan for the sirc32.exe and scam32.exe files in their default
install locations.

3. Creates scam32.exe folder in System and System32 directories to assist in
preventing future infections.
4. Creates sirc32.exe folder in recycle bin to assist in preventing future
infections.
5. Creates a log file in the c:\scremove directory called report.txt

For more info about the virus:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99141

Quote:
> Hi Out there

> I had a dose of the Sircam worm and now I can't open my Jpg's. I think I
> have got shot of the worm. How do I get my pic's back? Any ideas?

> Thanks if you can help.

> Eugene.

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 00:59:16 GMT

1. W32.sircam.worm@mm

2. Worm virus: W32/opaserv.worm.f

3. W32 Opaserv.worm a/k/a Opasoft.A Worm

4. Serving JPG's built in real time from SVG's

5. REPOST: Serving JPG's built in real time from SVG's

6. AWS - bandwidth and jpg's (use Amazon's)

7. losing 'errorInfo' in nested Tcl_Eval calls

8. Data structure size can o' worms

9. Mycrowsoft's appetite for opaserv worm

10. klez worm transmissible with mac os 'version of Outlook

11. Opening jpg's in Windows built app