Address bar hyjacking
Author Message
 Address bar hyjacking

 I cannot search from my address bar in IE ever since I
accidentally installed Xupiter toolbar. I went to Xupiter
and uninstalled it which did not remove the folders from
my Programs files or Windows Temporary files so I removed
those folders manually.  Still didn't get rid of it so I
went to Spywareinfo.com and followed their instructions
(which was lots of advanced registry stuff) and it still
didn't get rid of it so I installed Adware
version 5.83 and let them do their thing but I still have
Xupiter as a toolbar option in my Internet Explorer
toolbar menu and am unable to search from my address bar.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I went to   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
and downloaded their "Uninstall" but it did not
solve the problem.  I also downloaded "BHOdemon" and with
teir utility I disabled the xupiter virus-like "leach"
that was attached to my IE toolbar but I still can't
search from my address bar and every time I load IE
my "dot" is removed from "Display results and go to the
most likely site" in "When searching from address bar"
option.
What a pain.

Thu, 19 May 2005 08:34:16 GMT
 Address bar hyjacking
Reload IE or update to IE6. Should take care of it.
Quote:

Sat, 21 May 2005 05:40:17 GMT
 Address bar hyjacking
hey dude DON'T uninstall your IE depending on the version
of winodws and the version of your works suite / or Office
suite cd's because it will mess up Explorer (the start
button and the icons on your desktop, you could try
reinstalling MS Word (look on the works cds to see if IE
4,5,6 what ever) if it is uninstall your works suite,
restart, and reinstall,

option :1:
for win 98,98SE,ME go to Add/Remove Progs and click MS
Internet Explorer and click "add/remove" it will give you
an option to "repair" "uninstall" or "restore the previous
version" the repair option i would try first, allso if
these don't work, and it has been within the past 4-5 days
get to a dos prompt and type "scanreg /restore" (exclude
the "") or even "scanreg /fix" these work well,

option :2:
win ME go to start, programs, accessories, system tools,
system restore

option :3:
win XP  <--> system restore, if not boot to your Blue OS
cd (the one with XP on it) unplug any USB devices, boot to
this cd then press enter, F8, R (for repair installation)

Wed, 25 May 2005 05:30:05 GMT

1. How to call a function from address-bar

2. xupiter hyjacking of IE

3. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

4. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?

5. Progress Bar In Main App Status Bar

6. Progress Bar in Status Bar

7. NetExpress: Icon in title bar / task bar

8. how to generate a progress bar / capacity bar

9. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

10. HandyMailTemplates - how to get email address from a recipients address

11. Locating the memory address range of a network card MAC address

12. Effective address to 'segmented' address