Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)
Author Message
 Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

I have Windows 2000 advanced server.

These days, my Norton Antivirus 2001 keeps giving me messgae saying Win32
Nimda.A or Win32 Nimda.E found on my machine. When I got the virus found
message, I did run Fixnimda.com and FxNimdaE.com to delete the viruses.
Sometimes, Fixnimda.com and FixnimdaE.com can find infected files but many
times they can't not find any infected files. I found out, the virus files
are all under C:/Inetpub/scripts. These files come and go by themselves.

The situation really makes me confused and bothered. Anybody know what's
going on please drop me a note.

Many thanks in advance!

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:03:30 GMT
 Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)
Not a complete answer - I don't know the implications of "tightening" security - but you may want to try checkingon methods to prevent *attempts* to send you Nimda.

If you have an exposed IP, it is possible someone on the same real-world subnet is infected.  Nimda will sporadically attempt to find IIS servers and infect them - so you are probably getting hit by infection attempts from a Nimda-carrying host.  No harm in the long run since your AV software is killing it but it's frustrating and incredibly annoying to deal with all the time.

Quote:

> I have Windows 2000 advanced server.

> These days, my Norton Antivirus 2001 keeps giving me messgae saying Win32
> Nimda.A or Win32 Nimda.E found on my machine. When I got the virus found
> message, I did run Fixnimda.com and FxNimdaE.com to delete the viruses.
> Sometimes, Fixnimda.com and FixnimdaE.com can find infected files but many
> times they can't not find any infected files. I found out, the virus files
> are all under C:/Inetpub/scripts. These files come and go by themselves.

> The situation really makes me confused and bothered. Anybody know what's
> going on please drop me a note.

> Many thanks in advance!

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 01:20:57 GMT
 Win32 Nimda.A@mm (dr) and Win32 Nimda.E@mm (dr)

Quote:

though files are being found and removed.  I would try the
Nimda tool available from McAfee (Network Associates).
It 'kills' the virus so that it won't create more infected
files.  It worked for me on an NT4.0 server.

Tue, 14 Sep 2004 02:37:52 GMT

1. W32.Nimda.A@mm and W32.Nimda.enc

2. W32.Nimda.E@mm

3. w32.nimda.a@mm problems