I've got a virus and cannot get rid of it!
Author Message
 I've got a virus and cannot get rid of it!

I received a virus about a week ago through hotmail.  I
opened the email but it was giberish so I deleted it and
cleaned out my trash.
I ran my virus scan in SafeMode and even purchased a newer
version with a firewall and lots of extras.  It ran this
morning and I received the virus two more times since!
The new VirusScan says it does not work on Internet e-
mail, but of course you don't find that out until after
the purchase.
How do I get rid of the virus?????
The first was Exploit-MIME.gen.  My email is sending out a
virus to places I don't even know.  I received a return by

PLEASE HELP!

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:42:24 GMT
 I've got a virus and cannot get rid of it!
Curious which virus scan software you are running?
Richard Linwood

Quote:

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 05:17:36 GMT
 I've got a virus and cannot get rid of it!
Hi Brooke

Let me guess you are running McAfee AV?

1st of all, an AV will not stop you from getting an Email from someone who has a virus.
It will however stop you from spreading the virus from the email to your computer
....if you follow the correct procedures.

To find out how to get rid of the virus, go to www.sarc.com and enter the name into the
search field and prepare to do some reading.

If you are running McAfee, my advice is to trash it and get a real AV program that
works

: I received a virus about a week ago through hotmail.  I
: opened the email but it was giberish so I deleted it and
: cleaned out my trash.
: I ran my virus scan in SafeMode and even purchased a newer
: version with a firewall and lots of extras.  It ran this
: morning and I received the virus two more times since!
: The new VirusScan says it does not work on Internet e-
: mail, but of course you don't find that out until after
: the purchase.
: How do I get rid of the virus?????
: The first was Exploit-MIME.gen.  My email is sending out a
: virus to places I don't even know.  I received a return by

: PLEASE HELP!

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:15:56 GMT

1. Getting rid of Magistr.b @ VBS.LoveLetter virus out of RESTORE directory

2. getting rid of '{}'

3. Getting rid of 'warning' in Clisp

4. Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

5. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

6. getting rid of old vi's

7. Getting rid of events in Dyalog/W

8. Getting Rid of SoftLinks

9. getting rid of punctuation