Win98 possible trojan?
Author Message
 Win98 possible trojan?

One of my PC's is still running 98SE. When I close down all internet
browsers, mail etc but still leave on the internet connection there is
measurable internet activity as displayed on the modem LED's and sysmon this
does not stop until I logoff.

Is this normal with win98 or is it a possible trojan/virus?

I have scanned on the highest settings with McAfee but all seems clear.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thu, 12 May 2005 00:45:27 GMT
 Win98 possible trojan?
If You had a Firewall Like Kerio you could actually see what it was that was
still accessing the net after you have closed everything down

Quote:
> One of my PC's is still running 98SE. When I close down all internet
> browsers, mail etc but still leave on the internet connection there is
> measurable internet activity as displayed on the modem LED's and sysmon
this
> does not stop until I logoff.

> Is this normal with win98 or is it a possible trojan/virus?

> I have scanned on the highest settings with McAfee but all seems clear.

> Advice is greatly appreciated.

Thu, 12 May 2005 07:56:37 GMT

1. Possible Trojan

2. Possible to use mysql-ruby under cygwin/win98?

3. Possible bytecode bug on Win98?

4. Trojan

5. Trojan Help

6. TASM Trojan Macro Library

7. TROJAN HORSE WARNING!

8. Beware Trojan horse in tin newsreader

9. Pickle trojan security issue, fixed?

10. Antigen found Win32/PSW.Hooker 2.4.Trojan (CA(InoculateIT)) virus

11. TROJAN ALERT! (JS/Loop)