Blank IE6 screens - virus?
Author Message
 Blank IE6 screens - virus?

Best advice I can give you is to turn your computer off, unplug it and give it someone
who has enough brains to deserve one.

Only a true ignoramus would be running a computer on the Internet with Email these days
with no AV.

You will probably spend much much more in time effort and cash trying to rid your
computer of any and all virii that you have picked up than you would ever spend on an
Antivirus program.

There are AV programs in every price range --and none for the home pc that is extremel
expensive.

: I appear to have a corrupted IE6 installation.  Website
: data entry form fields (password, user name enty etc) are
: all missing, search assistant pane is blank, windows
: update is blank, windows help does not work.
:
: Is this likely to be a virus, if so which one and can I
: remove it without buying expensive software?

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:12:06 GMT
 Blank IE6 screens - virus?
What on earth did i say to deserve all this abuse?

I don't have a lot of money and currently cannot afford an
expensive solution so if you have any suggestions for
inexpensive solutions I would be happy to hear them.

If you don't solve your attitude problem soon expect to
spend the rest of your life as the sad, lonely geek you
clearly already are.

Quote:

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:44:27 GMT
 Blank IE6 screens - virus?
AVG, EZ Trust, F-Prot, Panda Software, Norton  to name just a few AV products out
there.  Norton can be purchased for maybe $30 US.  EZtrust is 19.95, AVG has a free
version , FProt and Panda I believe are free as well

Do some searching using www.google.com for Antivirus programs  - you will find online
scans available (free).  Do some reading in this newgroup and you will find many
different solutions recommended.  Do research and ask fruitful questions that actually
can be answered.  Be able to provide information about your system.

I apologize for snapping at you --- have had a full morning of dealing with stupid
computer problems --- "it asked if I wanted to delete all system files so I said
yes....could this be why my computer wont work right?"

And btw I am far from a sad lonely geek

: What on earth did i say to deserve all this abuse?
:
: I don't have a lot of money and currently cannot afford an
: expensive solution so if you have any suggestions for
: inexpensive solutions I would be happy to hear them.
:
: If you don't solve your attitude problem soon expect to
: spend the rest of your life as the sad, lonely geek you
: clearly already are.
:

Quote:
: >Best advice I can give you is to turn your computer off,
: unplug it and give it someone
: >who has enough brains to deserve one.
: >

: >:
: >: Is this likely to be a virus, if so which one and can I
: >: remove it without buying expensive software?
: >
: >.
: >

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:28:17 GMT
 Blank IE6 screens - virus?
Matt, you seem to not understand here.  Microsoft is not and has never been
security minded.  It is your responsibility as a computer used to protect
yourself the best you can.  Layla is right, harsh perhaps, but correct.  You
posted to a newsgroup, so that means that you can at least muddle your way
through things on the computer.  Try this first - go to
http:\\housecall.antivirus.com and run the free online scan there.  It may
take some time, so be patient.  Next - assuming that the scan works and
cleans thing up, (If it doesn't, you will need to get more aggressive, skip
to next paragraph) go to www.grisoft.com and download the free AV software
there, you will need to give them some information as payment for the
software, but not money.  Install this package and keep it updated and
running at all times.

The aggressive approach goes like this - prepare a bootable floppy with
F-Prot on it.  Run that.  If that fails, you may need to fdisk and reinstall
your OS and all software.  This will depend upon how deeply corrupted your
system is.  If you need to do this, you should probably get someone in to do
it, or send it to someone for repair.

If you are willing to work and learn, nearly everything in computers can be
had for little or no money.  I, personally have a home experimental network
consisting of between 12 and 15 computers at any given time, All running
various operating systems, from DOS to several flavors of Linux to several
flavors of BSD, to BEOS, to Apple.  They are networked in with a half a
dozen printers, scanners, modems, cameras, projectors, I can access programs
from almost any media from DVD to CD to 3.5 floppy to 5.25 floppy to Tape to
cassettes to TRS80 cartridges.  Each computer can access every other
computer's resources.  My total cost in this frankenstien network is under
$200.00.  I spend more on supplies like paper and toner a year than that.
What I have invested is alot of time and thought and research.  If the
willingness to learn is there, money should never be a problem.

TALON

Quote:
> What on earth did i say to deserve all this abuse?

> I don't have a lot of money and currently cannot afford an
> expensive solution so if you have any suggestions for
> inexpensive solutions I would be happy to hear them.

> If you don't solve your attitude problem soon expect to
> spend the rest of your life as the sad, lonely geek you
> clearly already are.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:18:58 GMT

1. Web Script Virus on IE6

2. Blank Screen on exit from s87 prog

3. Screen-blanker (PC) problem

4. Blank Screen When Redirecting

5. screen blanking and Tk

6. Qe. Variable on screen is blank

7. DialogView leaves a blank space on screen

8. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

9. Budwiser Screen Saver Virus?

10. budweiser frog screen saver virus

11. Dolphin plugin for IE6