Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder
Author Message
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase their
software each time I boot up my pc?  I suspect there's a registry setting
that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own the
software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any assistance
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gregg.

Wed, 05 May 2004 15:12:21 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder
You are kidding .

trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own the software.

Quote:
> Thanks.

> Gregg.

Wed, 05 May 2004 21:46:05 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

Quote:
> Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase their
> software each time I boot up my pc?

I find either uninstalling it or buying the full version and installing that
helps.

Quote:
>  I suspect there's a registry setting
> that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own
the
> software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any assistance
> would be appreciated.

You are asking us to help you pirate software? Does this look like
"alt.l33t.war3z" to you?

Wed, 05 May 2004 23:51:36 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

Very simple !!

Just buy it and use it as licensed which is also a must / legally... or
uninstall it.

Quote:
> Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase their
> software each time I boot up my pc?  I suspect there's a registry setting
> that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own
the
> software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any assistance
> would be appreciated.

> Thanks.

> Gregg.

Fri, 07 May 2004 04:55:26 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder
I had downloaded a trial version of McAfee and then purchased a full retail
version and installed it after uninstalling (so I thought) the trail
version. I get this message at startup telling me to purchase it as well. I
just click OK and carry on. I would also like to know how to get rid of this
as it is quite annoying.
Thanks

Quote:

> Very simple !!

> Just buy it and use it as licensed which is also a must / legally... or
> uninstall it.

> > Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase
their
> > software each time I boot up my pc?  I suspect there's a registry
setting
> > that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own
> the
> > software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any assistance
> > would be appreciated.

> > Thanks.

> > Gregg.

Sun, 09 May 2004 12:47:34 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder
Look in your startup directory and see if there is any type of reminder file in there
If so - delete it

: I had downloaded a trial version of McAfee and then purchased a full retail
: version and installed it after uninstalling (so I thought) the trail
: version. I get this message at startup telling me to purchase it as well. I
: just click OK and carry on. I would also like to know how to get rid of this
: as it is quite annoying.
: Thanks
:

: >
: > Very simple !!
: >
: > Just buy it and use it as licensed which is also a must / legally... or
: > uninstall it.
: >

: > > Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase
: their
: > > software each time I boot up my pc?  I suspect there's a registry
: setting
: > > that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already own
: > the
: > > software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any assistance
: > > would be appreciated.
: > >
: > > Thanks.
: > >
: > > Gregg.
: > >
: > >
: >
: >
:
:

Sun, 09 May 2004 21:16:25 GMT
 Getting rid of Mcafee 'purchase' reminder

Sorry for that , but it was not so clear...

You may contact to retail support. I guess there is a key / cookie or
something created by evaluation copy left on your PC and this is why it
"reminds" again and again... This is usually works for "evaluate always"
users, whom are uninstalling and re-installing again.

You can also look at http://www.mcafeehelp.com/ but as far as I see it is
not listed there...

Regards...

Orhan

Quote:
> I had downloaded a trial version of McAfee and then purchased a full
retail
> version and installed it after uninstalling (so I thought) the trail
> version. I get this message at startup telling me to purchase it as well.
> just click OK and carry on. I would also like to know how to get rid of
this
> as it is quite annoying.
> Thanks

> > Very simple !!

> > Just buy it and use it as licensed which is also a must / legally... or
> > uninstall it.

> > > Does anyone know how I can stop Mcafee from reminding me to purchase
> their
> > > software each time I boot up my pc?  I suspect there's a registry
> setting
> > > that I can edit which will trick Mcafee into thinking that I already
own
> > the
> > > software.  I'm running version 5.21 on a Win98 machine.  Any
assistance
> > > would be appreciated.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Gregg.

Sun, 09 May 2004 22:06:01 GMT

1. getting rid of '{}'

2. Getting rid of 'warning' in Clisp

3. getting rid of old vi's

4. used mcafee viruscan online to get rid of virus

5. Reminders: FLoC'99 call for workshops and LICS'98 early registration

6. ICFP'97 and PEPM'97: final reminder

7. Reminders: FLoC'99 call for workshops and LICS'98 early registration

8. Questionnaire on 'Ada-Belgium Activities' (REMINDER)

9. Reminder: CADE-15 WS 'Problem Solving...'

10. ICFP'97 and PEPM'97: final reminder

11. Can't update Mcafee Virus Scan

12. Destructive Virus that McAfee can't detect...