Is there a Virus in "name.name.doc" format?
Author Message
 Is there a Virus in "name.name.doc" format?

One of our people received an expected email with an attachment named as the
file was expected, except, it seems that an extra dot has been inserted. So
it came as "aim.process.doc" instead of "aim process.doc." This file can't
be printed and it can't be deleted (using Win98). renaming it does no good.
NAV doesn't see a problem with.
--
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 04:28:57 GMT
 Is there a Virus in "name.name.doc" format?
be sure you have the latest virus definitions from Norton. When I name
files, most times i have several dots in the name like: bg.blue.gif

--

Visual SUN Studios
http://www.visualsun.ws

Quote:
> One of our people received an expected email with an attachment named as
the
> file was expected, except, it seems that an extra dot has been inserted.
So
> it came as "aim.process.doc" instead of "aim process.doc." This file can't
> be printed and it can't be deleted (using Win98). renaming it does no
good.
> NAV doesn't see a problem with.
> --
> http://www.live365.com/stations/239225

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:39:49 GMT
 Is there a Virus in "name.name.doc" format?
In Windows Explorer, does the -Type- of file display "Microsoft Word
Document" as you would expect?  If it displays Shortcut to MS-DOS Program
then the (probable) extension .pif is not being displayed and you're most
likely infected with SirCam.

tml
If not, you could zip the file and send it to Norton for evaluation

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave McAuliffe

> One of our people received an expected email with an attachment named as
the
> file was expected, except, it seems that an extra dot has been inserted.
So
> it came as "aim.process.doc" instead of "aim process.doc." This file can't
> be printed and it can't be deleted (using Win98). renaming it does no
good.
> NAV doesn't see a problem with.
> --
> http://www.live365.com/stations/239225

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:10:27 GMT
 Is there a Virus in "name.name.doc" format?
It shows as a MSWord document-type. and I was able to remove it in DOS.
However, I think I use that link, anyway. Thanks.

--
http://www.live365.com/stations/239225

Quote:
> In Windows Explorer, does the -Type- of file display "Microsoft Word
> Document" as you would expect?  If it displays Shortcut to MS-DOS Program
> then the (probable) extension .pif is not being displayed and you're most
> likely infected with SirCam.

Quote:
> tml
> If not, you could zip the file and send it to Norton for evaluation

> --

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Dave McAuliffe
> <Central Mass.>  USA
> Remove X from address
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> > One of our people received an expected email with an attachment named as
> the
> > file was expected, except, it seems that an extra dot has been inserted.
> So
> > it came as "aim.process.doc" instead of "aim process.doc." This file
can't
> > be printed and it can't be deleted (using Win98). renaming it does no
> good.
> > NAV doesn't see a problem with.
> > --
> > http://www.live365.com/stations/239225

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 04:02:06 GMT

1. PROPOSAL: [].__doc__, "".__doc__, ...

2. name = "something"

3. "Getting the NetWare User Name"

4. "Name that tune"?

5. Dumb "name of current word" question