IRC Trojan virus
Author Message
 IRC Trojan virus

This popped up while reading an email...Norton detected
it.I quarantined and deleted the file  C:\winnt\systems32
\gg.bat. Have I deleted something important?  This may be
a dumb ? but being an 'older' person, a lot of this is
system stuff is 'greek to me'.  Thanks for help.

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:20:40 GMT
 IRC Trojan virus

Quote:

> This popped up while reading an email...Norton detected
> it.I quarantined and deleted the file  C:\winnt\systems32
> \gg.bat. Have I deleted something important?  This may be
> a dumb ? but being an 'older' person, a lot of this is
> system stuff is 'greek to me'.  Thanks for help.

take a lot at the thread titled "Solution to mIRC and Secedit Virus
Networking Problems"...

Aladin has provided a very detailed analysis of this virus/trojan as well as
steps to remove it...

--
Edward Alfert
http://edward.alfert.com/ * http://www.sysadmin.info/

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:43:41 GMT

1. IRC Trojan virus

2. IRC FLOOD.U / TROJAN FLOOD.U

3. had irc trojan took over drive/fille permittions

4. IRC Trojan

5. Trojan horse: IRC/BackDoor.Flood FOUND, not removed.

6. Irc.Bot Trojan Vrius Infected

7. Antigen found Win32/PSW.Hooker 2.4.Trojan (CA(InoculateIT)) virus

8. Trojan Dialer Virus

9. trojan virus

10. virus removal: Backdoor.Sdbot (Trojan)

11. Trojan Horse Virus, Help needed

12. trojan virus