Beware: New Virus or something
Author Message
 Beware: New Virus or something

Hi

Today I received this email from a known source (checked the properties
also) along with a attachemnt "FJPHHDFJ.EXE (size 23.0kb)
When I click on the attachement OE gives an error message of Illegal
operation and shuts down OE. In the error msg details I found kernel32.dll
has an error msg.
I've so delete the mail and now it is in the deleted items folder on my
local computer. Also when I try to empty the deleted items folder I again
get a error msg that Server does not support manual deletion of msgs. Your
deleted items folder might be emptied periodically. After i clickon OK I get
the screen stating that some of the items were not deleted

Help

Sony

Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:22:47 GMT
 Beware: New Virus or something

> Hi

> Today I received this email from a known source (checked the properties
> also) along with a attachemnt "FJPHHDFJ.EXE (size 23.0kb)

*** Skill of the e-mail message is also important ( from - subject - message
body ) ... But, it looks like Hybris (
http://vil.nai.com/VIL/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=98873 ) because of this 8
character long file name. But not for sure !  If it was 15kb long I could

a new commer.

you may use a virus scanner !

Quote:
> When I click on the attachement OE gives an error message of Illegal
> operation and shuts down OE. In the error msg details I found kernel32.dll
> has an error msg.
> I've so delete the mail and now it is in the deleted items folder on my
> local computer. Also when I try to empty the deleted items folder I again
> get a error msg that Server does not support manual deletion of msgs. Your
> deleted items folder might be emptied periodically. After i clickon OK I
get
> the screen stating that some of the items were not deleted

> Help

> Sony

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:01:56 GMT
 Beware: New Virus or something
Hi,

You can try:

1) Norman NVC www.norman.com
2) Kaspersky's AVP www.kaspersky.com
3) McAfee VSC www.nai.com
4) Symantec NAV www.symantec.com

they are good !

Rgrds

Orhan

Quote:
> Hi

> Today I received this email from a known source (checked the properties
> also) along with a attachemnt "FJPHHDFJ.EXE (size 23.0kb)
> When I click on the attachement OE gives an error message of Illegal
> operation and shuts down OE. In the error msg details I found kernel32.dll
> has an error msg.
> I've so delete the mail and now it is in the deleted items folder on my
> local computer. Also when I try to empty the deleted items folder I again
> get a error msg that Server does not support manual deletion of msgs. Your
> deleted items folder might be emptied periodically. After i clickon OK I
get
> the screen stating that some of the items were not deleted

> Help

> Sony

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:35:33 GMT

1. Beware CW4 and Norton Anti virus 2001

3. Something Flood Virus (?)

4. Bear virus or something else?

5. JS.something virus

6. A NEW PARADIGM FOR SMALLTALK - Geeks beware

7. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

8. Smalltalk in the UK -- something new?

9. Something new for the ugly page

10. Something new to think about

11. Is BD is working on something new?

12. Something new undefined method