Virus Infected File
Author Message
 Virus Infected File

My NAV detected a virus within an email as it was downloading, then
everything went crazy with pop up windows flying so fast I could not close
them. I just let NAV (updated every week, last on 16 Nov)continue in its
auto protect mode enabled until things settled.

Eventually after responding to NAV suggested actions to no avail, I ended up
in DOS and finally it managed to effect a quarantine.  The virus is
indicated as JS.Exception.Exploit and the NAV quarantine folder says file
"C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R92G3EE6\top[1].js "   was
infected.  I cannot find a way of cleaning up.  Help please, for a novice!

Thanks

Fri, 07 May 2004 04:47:18 GMT
 Virus Infected File
Go to Start |Settings |Control Panel | Internet Options I look in section marked
Temporary Internet Files and select Delete Files, click on the box in front of delete
online content and click ok.

:
: Eventually after responding to NAV suggested actions to no avail, I ended up
: in DOS and finally it managed to effect a quarantine.  The virus is
: indicated as JS.Exception.Exploit and the NAV quarantine folder says file
: "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R92G3EE6\top[1].js "   was
: infected.  I cannot find a way of cleaning up.  Help please, for a novice!
:
: Thanks
:
:

Fri, 07 May 2004 21:15:34 GMT
 Virus Infected File
You may visit
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/js.exception....
.html for the details posted by Symantec for this issue...

Do not forget that, if an exploit can run on your system, it means that your
system is vulnerable and you may install the patches / SPs offered by the
vendors ( such as Microsoft )..

This is a detection which indicates a script is attempting to exploit the
"Microsoft VM ActiveX Component" Vulnerability. The structure of the code is
specific and involves the illegal use of the <Applet> tag. The exploit was
published in at least one security forum. More information about this
vulnerability is available at Microsoft's Technet site:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/se...
bulletin/ms00-075.asp

Microsoft has released a patch which closes the security vulnerability
exploit. You can download the patch from the following Microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/se...
bulletin/ms00-081.asp

For a comprehensive list of vulnerabilities, see the following Microsoft Web
page:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/it...
ns/security/current.asp

Quote:
> My NAV detected a virus within an email as it was downloading, then
> everything went crazy with pop up windows flying so fast I could not close
> them. I just let NAV (updated every week, last on 16 Nov)continue in its
> auto protect mode enabled until things settled.

> Eventually after responding to NAV suggested actions to no avail, I ended
up
> in DOS and finally it managed to effect a quarantine.  The virus is
> indicated as JS.Exception.Exploit and the NAV quarantine folder says file
> "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R92G3EE6\top[1].js "
was
> infected.  I cannot find a way of cleaning up.  Help please, for a novice!

> Thanks

Sat, 08 May 2004 00:41:13 GMT
 Virus Infected File
Many thanks all cleared.

Quote:
> Go to Start |Settings |Control Panel | Internet Options I look in section
marked
> Temporary Internet Files and select Delete Files, click on the box in
front of delete
> online content and click ok.

> : My NAV detected a virus within an email as it was downloading, then
> : everything went crazy with pop up windows flying so fast I could not
close
> : them. I just let NAV (updated every week, last on 16 Nov)continue in its
> : auto protect mode enabled until things settled.
> :
> : Eventually after responding to NAV suggested actions to no avail, I
ended up
> : in DOS and finally it managed to effect a quarantine.  The virus is
> : indicated as JS.Exception.Exploit and the NAV quarantine folder says
file
> : "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R92G3EE6\top[1].js "
was
> : infected.  I cannot find a way of cleaning up.  Help please, for a
novice!
> :
> : Thanks
> :
> :

Sat, 08 May 2004 04:12:24 GMT
 Virus Infected File
Thanks for the info; it is sometimes difficult to read into the MS tech
advice.  As it happened, I got a MS Update warning yesterday and got the
fix.

Thanks

Quote:
> You may visit

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/js.exception....
Quote:
> .html for the details posted by Symantec for this issue...

> Do not forget that, if an exploit can run on your system, it means that
your
> system is vulnerable and you may install the patches / SPs offered by the
> vendors ( such as Microsoft )..

> This is a detection which indicates a script is attempting to exploit the
> "Microsoft VM ActiveX Component" Vulnerability. The structure of the code
is
> specific and involves the illegal use of the <Applet> tag. The exploit was
> published in at least one security forum. More information about this
> vulnerability is available at Microsoft's Technet site:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/se...
Quote:
> bulletin/ms00-075.asp

> Microsoft has released a patch which closes the security vulnerability
> exploit. You can download the patch from the following Microsoft site:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/se...
Quote:
> bulletin/ms00-081.asp

> For a comprehensive list of vulnerabilities, see the following Microsoft
Web
> page:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/it...
Quote:
> ns/security/current.asp

> > My NAV detected a virus within an email as it was downloading, then
> > everything went crazy with pop up windows flying so fast I could not
close
> > them. I just let NAV (updated every week, last on 16 Nov)continue in its
> > auto protect mode enabled until things settled.

> > Eventually after responding to NAV suggested actions to no avail, I
ended
> up
> > in DOS and finally it managed to effect a quarantine.  The virus is
> > indicated as JS.Exception.Exploit and the NAV quarantine folder says
file
> > "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\R92G3EE6\top[1].js "
> was
> > infected.  I cannot find a way of cleaning up.  Help please, for a
novice!

> > Thanks

Sat, 08 May 2004 04:15:52 GMT

1. unable to delete virus infected file

2. Virus infecting tps files ???

3. virus-infected DOS bat file

4. Clipper Help!!!! - VIRUS INFECTED

5. Infected with "Love Letter" virus

6. Stages Virus/Worm is infecting now

7. archive file showing up as infected file

8. removing infected file...

9. W32.Klez.E@mm infected files

10. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

12. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus