JS.something virus
Author Message
 JS.something virus

I contracted some sort of web based virus today.  I clicked on a site and a
bunch of windows started popping up, then the Norton screen came up saying
there was a virus on my computer. When the Norton screen came up I was
getting an email so I just ignored it and pressed ok.  I didn't get the
entire name of the virus, I just know it was js.??????  don't know what the
? were.  Everytime I turn on the computer it boots up then immediately shuts
down.  I can boot in safe mode but I can't do anything, it says system
restore has been disabled because there is not enough room on the disk,
there are 28 gig free on that drive.  When I try to run search to look for
the thing it shuts explorer down.  It changed all the Norton settings. and
it will not allow me to scan for a virus.  I tried to disable startup
items with msconfig but that didn't work either.  The Norton site had a
virus listed as js.restart, it sounded like what I have but when I go into
dos it can not find the file, I have to use a Windows 98 boot disk to get
into dos, then I get to the startup folder and it says file not found, the
winmem.hta file.  I reinstalled Win XP on top of itself and that did not
help.  I can not access the internet because it keeps trying to go to some
redirect site and everything I type in I get the message that search could
not be started.  I am out of ideas.

Please help, I am going nuts and have run out of things to try.  Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Donna

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:55:02 GMT
 JS.something virus
Hi,

it is better if you try an another AV scanner with a AV boot diskette
created.

www.norman.com ( you can download boot FDDs from :
http://www.norman.no/technical_nvc_boot_and_remove.shtml )

www.nai.com

good luck...

Quote:
> I contracted some sort of web based virus today.  I clicked on a site and
> bunch of windows started popping up, then the Norton screen came up saying
> there was a virus on my computer. When the Norton screen came up I was
> getting an email so I just ignored it and pressed ok.  I didn't get the
> entire name of the virus, I just know it was js.??????  don't know what
the
> ? were.  Everytime I turn on the computer it boots up then immediately
shuts
> down.  I can boot in safe mode but I can't do anything, it says system
> restore has been disabled because there is not enough room on the disk,
> there are 28 gig free on that drive.  When I try to run search to look for
> the thing it shuts explorer down.  It changed all the Norton settings. and
> it will not allow me to scan for a virus.  I tried to disable startup
> items with msconfig but that didn't work either.  The Norton site had a
> virus listed as js.restart, it sounded like what I have but when I go into
> dos it can not find the file, I have to use a Windows 98 boot disk to get
> into dos, then I get to the startup folder and it says file not found, the
> winmem.hta file.  I reinstalled Win XP on top of itself and that did not
> help.  I can not access the internet because it keeps trying to go to some
> redirect site and everything I type in I get the message that search could
> not be started.  I am out of ideas.

> Please help, I am going nuts and have run out of things to try.  Any help
> will be greatly appreciated.

> Thank you,
> Donna

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:11:49 GMT

1. Antigen found JS.Loop (CA(Vet)) virus

2. JS.Exception.Exploit virus

3. JS.Exception.Exploit Virus?

4. JS. Ladeng Virus

5. JS/NOCLOSE virus plz help