Icon 'jumping' virus?
Author Message
 Icon 'jumping' virus?

Have never encountered this before.  Icons begin 'jumping
around' the desktop when the mouse pointer comes close to
one of the icons, making it very difficult to select any
thing.  Cannot find anything in Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Win 98 using IE5.  Anybody know anything?

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:45:37 GMT
 Icon 'jumping' virus?

Quote:

> Have never encountered this before.  Icons begin 'jumping
> around' the desktop when the mouse pointer comes close to
> one of the icons, making it very difficult to select any
> thing.  Cannot find anything in Microsoft Knowledge Base.
> Win 98 using IE5.  Anybody know anything?

You didn't think search an anti-virus software vendor's site or the web in
general? ;-)

A couple of links to be getting on with:-

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/magistr.shtml

HTH

MM

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:27:36 GMT
 Icon 'jumping' virus?

Quote:

>> Have never encountered this before.  Icons begin 'jumping
>> around' the desktop when the mouse pointer comes close to
>> one of the icons, making it very difficult to select any
>> thing.  Cannot find anything in Microsoft Knowledge Base.
>> Win 98 using IE5.  Anybody know anything?

> You didn't think search an anti-virus software vendor's site or the
> web in general? ;-)

> A couple of links to be getting on with:-

Quote:
> http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/magistr.shtml

> HTH

> MM

Many thanks to "FreezedDude" for taking the time to email me and
inform me that I "could have W32.Magistr virus".

:-/

MM

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:12:11 GMT

1. 'jump out of range'

2. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work

3. IT'S A VIRUS -- DON'T DOWNLOAD IT

4. IT'S A VIRUS -- DON'T DOWNLOAD IT

5. "'Snakeymathtem'": Virus?

6. ~ used in {prop:icon}='~abc.ico'

7. Icons missing in 'Local' mode

8. stream('file','c','seek ='x) problem

9. Wanted: Hints'n'Tips'n'Bits'n'Bobs

10. There is an 'U'|'X'|'W'|'Z'|'-' in an arithmetic operand