Problems with possible virus
Author Message
 Problems with possible virus

Every time I change my homepage it always changes back to
http://www.*-*-*.com/
When I try to logon to my Bank account or purchase over
the net it always comes back "page unavailable" is this
linked to my 1st problem?
I am on windows 95 and connected through Broadband
Blueyonder

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 20:41:55 GMT
 Problems with possible virus
Run an up to date AV program to see if you have a virus
Also you can DL a program called The Cleaner from www.moosoft.com and run that -- it is
a trojan cleaner

: Every time I change my homepage it always changes back to
: http://9i5.com/01.htm How do I get rid of this?
: When I try to logon to my Bank account or purchase over
: the net it always comes back "page unavailable" is this
: linked to my 1st problem?
: I am on windows 95 and connected through Broadband
: Blueyonder

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:45:27 GMT
 Problems with possible virus
Or, if it was just a malicous web page, have a look in your registry,
(You are recommended to take a backup, and you are responsible for any
damaged caused to the registry through editing - Sorry have to disclaim
liability)

look at HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main\Default_Page_Url

HTH

Quote:

> Every time I change my homepage it always changes back to
> http://9i5.com/01.htm How do I get rid of this?
> When I try to logon to my Bank account or purchase over
> the net it always comes back "page unavailable" is this
> linked to my 1st problem?
> I am on windows 95 and connected through Broadband
> Blueyonder

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:12:51 GMT
 Problems with possible virus

Quote:

>Every time I change my homepage it always changes back to
>http://9i5.com/01.htm How do I get rid of this?
>When I try to logon to my Bank account or purchase over
>the net it always comes back "page unavailable" is this
>linked to my 1st problem?
>I am on windows 95 and connected through Broadband
>Blueyonder

Try StartPage Guard.

http://pjwalczak.com/spguard/index.php

Ben

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 03:05:29 GMT

1. Qmgr problem.....possible virus?

2. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

3. POSSIBLE VIRUS IN YOUR MAIL

4. Possible Virus

5. Possible Virus

6. How do I report a possible new virus ?

7. Possible virus

8. possible virus

9. Possible virus???

10. Possible virus