moving icons when mouse moves, virus?
Author Message
 moving icons when mouse moves, virus?

HI,

Since last week two pc's on our network show change behaviour:

Some time after having loggien in on a windows98 pc the icons seem to get a
life of their own, if you move the mouse to click on a icon the icons move
away from the cursor. This continues, so you cannot click anymore on an
icon. Even after having removed all running programs except for systray and
explorer and allmost all processes, the icons keep on moving.

Has anyone seen this before?

Is this a virus or a joke program installed by someone (using
SetWindowsHookEx ) ?

Could someone give me some advice what could cause is and how to remove
this?

Thanking in advance

Rob

Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:11:38 GMT
 moving icons when mouse moves, virus?
It might be Magistr.
Here's the information from F-secure: "Depending on its internal counters
the virus manifests itself: it gets access to Windows desktop and does not
allow to access icons on the desktop by mouse. When mouse cursor is moved to
an icon, the virus moves the icon out of the cursor. It looks like desktop
icons try to "escape" mouse cursor. The similar effect was first introduced
by Joke.Win.Stupid joke program, but there was a button 'running away' from
mouse cursor, not an icon. "

--
_______________
Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quote:
> HI,

> Since last week two pc's on our network show change behaviour:

> Some time after having loggien in on a windows98 pc the icons seem to get
> life of their own, if you move the mouse to click on a icon the icons move
> away from the cursor. This continues, so you cannot click anymore on an
> icon. Even after having removed all running programs except for systray
and
> explorer and allmost all processes, the icons keep on moving.

> Has anyone seen this before?

> Is this a virus or a joke program installed by someone (using
> SetWindowsHookEx ) ?

> Could someone give me some advice what could cause is and how to remove
> this?

> Thanking in advance

> Rob

Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:34:21 GMT
 moving icons when mouse moves, virus?

Hi Rob,
I am having a similar problem.
In my case it takes control of the mouse and moves icons, etc
it does botter me a lot
Did you find what to do???

Roberto Herrera

Quote:
> HI,

> Since last week two pc's on our network show change behaviour:

> Some time after having loggien in on a windows98 pc the icons seem to get
> life of their own, if you move the mouse to click on a icon the icons move
> away from the cursor. This continues, so you cannot click anymore on an
> icon. Even after having removed all running programs except for systray
and
> explorer and allmost all processes, the icons keep on moving.

> Has anyone seen this before?

> Is this a virus or a joke program installed by someone (using
> SetWindowsHookEx ) ?

> Could someone give me some advice what could cause is and how to remove
> this?

> Thanking in advance

> Rob

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:56:32 GMT
 moving icons when mouse moves, virus?
This is a symptom for Magistr
http://www.europe.f-secure.com/v-descs/magistr.shtml
and that your virus definitions are not up-to-date.
--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave McAuliffe

Quote:

> Hi Rob,
> I am having a similar problem.
> In my case it takes control of the mouse and moves icons, etc
> it does botter me a lot
> Did you find what to do???

> Roberto Herrera

> > HI,

> > Since last week two pc's on our network show change behaviour:

> > Some time after having loggien in on a windows98 pc the icons seem to
get
> > life of their own, if you move the mouse to click on a icon the icons
move
> > away from the cursor. This continues, so you cannot click anymore on an
> > icon. Even after having removed all running programs except for systray
> and
> > explorer and allmost all processes, the icons keep on moving.

> > Has anyone seen this before?

> > Is this a virus or a joke program installed by someone (using
> > SetWindowsHookEx ) ?

> > Could someone give me some advice what could cause is and how to remove
> > this?

> > Thanking in advance

> > Rob

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:52:01 GMT

1. Move mouse-cursor and send mouse-click

2. Move up/Move down buttons

3. Group level move vs sub-group level move.

4. Moving Image with "hand" icon

5. Moving the terminals on the icon.

6. move icon with iconwindow

7. Moving the mouse cursor at bottom right of the screen

8. App speeds up when mouse moves !

9. moving mouse?

10. Detect mouse moving over a widget

11. Moving the mouse