backdoor virus
Author Message
 backdoor virus

I got infected with the Backdoor Optixpro.12 virus.  If I follow
instructions, my computer reboots, and NO .exe file will load.
Thank god for GOBACK, otherwise I'd be hosed.   The instructions for
removing this virus mention an entry in my regedit.
It doesn't exist so I can't remove it.
HELP!

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:17:13 GMT
 backdoor virus

Quote:

> I got infected with the Backdoor Optixpro.12 virus.  If I follow
> instructions, my computer reboots, and NO .exe file will load.
> Thank god for GOBACK, otherwise I'd be hosed.   The instructions for
> removing this virus mention an entry in my regedit.
> It doesn't exist so I can't remove it.
> HELP!

Who says you are infected? If your virus scanner claims you are infected,
yet you don't have any of the other symptoms besides that of a virus scanner
clanging it's alarm bells, its quite possible you have a false alarm rather
than a real virus. Use another virus scanner's free trial, or where offered,
online web based scanner, to get a second opinion.
(http://housecall.antivirus.com is good but only use this as your second
opinion if your scanner is not made by trend, otherwise its not a second
opinion).

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 03:38:11 GMT
 backdoor virus

I tried MacAfee too.  I also tried to remove the infected file,
"winampw.exe" in my c:\windows\ directory.  If I remove that file, no .exe
file will load.

Quote:

> > I got infected with the Backdoor Optixpro.12 virus.  If I follow
> > instructions, my computer reboots, and NO .exe file will load.
> > Thank god for GOBACK, otherwise I'd be hosed.   The instructions for
> > removing this virus mention an entry in my regedit.
> > It doesn't exist so I can't remove it.
> > HELP!

> Who says you are infected? If your virus scanner claims you are infected,
> yet you don't have any of the other symptoms besides that of a virus
scanner
> clanging it's alarm bells, its quite possible you have a false alarm
rather
> than a real virus. Use another virus scanner's free trial, or where
offered,
> online web based scanner, to get a second opinion.
> (http://housecall.antivirus.com is good but only use this as your second
> opinion if your scanner is not made by trend, otherwise its not a second
> opinion).

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 12:13:08 GMT

1. This is a backdoor virus!

2. virus called backdoor.sdbot

3. virus removal: Backdoor.Sdbot (Trojan)

4. virus removal: Backdoor.Sdbot(Cont.)

5. BACKDOOR.IRC.FLOOD Virus

6. Backdoor.Optix Virus

7. Backdoor.Myparty virus

8. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

10. bugabear virus and sweetadeline1 w32KlezEremovaltools virus

11. Virus/Test Virus wanted!

12. Help me get rid of this virus post has a virus in the post