From: Microsoft Corporation Security Center

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2002 9:16 PM
To: Microsoft Customer
Subject: Internet Security Update

Microsoft Customer,

     this is the latest version of security update, the

known security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer
and
MS Outlook/Express as well as six new vulnerabilities, and
is
discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-005. Install
now to
protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most
serious of which
could allow an attacker to run code on your computer.

Description of several well-know vulnerabilities:

- "Incorrect MIME Header Can Cause IE to Execute E-mail
Attachment" vulnerability.
If a malicious user sends an affected HTML e-mail or hosts
an affected
e-mail on a Web site, and a user opens the e-mail or
visits the Web site,
Internet Explorer automatically runs the executable on the
user's computer.

- A vulnerability that could allow an unauthorized user to
learn the location
of cached content on your computer. This could enable the
unauthorized
user to launch compiled HTML Help (.chm) files that
contain shortcuts to
executables, thereby enabling the unauthorized user to run
the executables
on your computer.

- A new variant of the "Frame Domain Verification"
vulnerability could enable a
malicious Web site operator to open two browser windows,
one in the Web site's
domain and the other on your local file system, and to
pass information from
your computer to the Web site.

- CLSID extension vulnerability. Attachments which end
with a CLSID file extension
do not show the actual full extension of the file when
saved and viewed with
Windows Explorer. This allows dangerous file types to look
as though they are simple,
harmless files - such as JPG or WAV files - that do not
need to be blocked.

System requirements:
Versions of Windows no earlier than Windows 95.

This update applies to:
Versions of Internet Explorer no earlier than 4.01
Versions of MS Outlook no earlier than 8.00
Versions of MS Outlook Express no earlier than 4.01

How to install
Run attached file q216309.exe

How to use
You don't need to do anything after installing this item.

For more information about these issues, read Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS02-005, or visit link below.
http://www.*-*-*.com/
ult.asp
If you have some questions about this article contact us

Thank you for using Microsoft products.

With friendly greetings,
MS Internet Security Center.
Microsoft is registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Windows and Outlook are trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:03:06 GMT
 Warning
I KEEP RECIVING THIS MESSAGE FROM SOMONE CLAIMING TO BE
MICROSOFT.  THE ATTACHMENT IS A VIRUS.  THIS FILE

If you do not have a virus software donot open it.

Dave Huston

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/defa
ult.asp
If you have some questions about this article contact us

Thank you for using Microsoft products.

With friendly greetings,
MS Internet Security Center.
Microsoft is registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Windows and Outlook are trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation.

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:02:42 GMT
 Warning

Quote:

> I KEEP RECIVING THIS MESSAGE FROM SOMONE CLAIMING TO BE
> MICROSOFT.  THE ATTACHMENT IS A VIRUS.  THIS FILE

IT'S OK, I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME ;-)

Quote:
> If you do not have a virus software donot open it.

In fact, even if you do have AV software, don't open it. This
particular {*filter*} has been mentioned a few times already  ... on this
very group.

MM

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:40:56 GMT

1. WARNING - Windows 98 Second Edition Updates - WARNING

2. Warning in C5 : Warning: Label duplicated, second used ABCDLLMODE

3. Warning - another warning question

4. How suppress Xilinx XCT complier warnings: WARNING:HDLCompilers?

5. JESUS the SCARS!!!!!!!!WARNING WARNING

6. How suppress Xilinx XST complier warnings: WARNING:HDLCompilers? (macro redefined)

7. MyODBC warning message

8. gnuplot interface Was RE: Warning graphic language

9. WARNING: Returned non-Integer object from callback

10. DolphinSure Not Signed Warning on Live Update

11. How can I recover errors/warnings from: Compiler class>>evaluate:for:evaluationPools:logged:ifFail: