why window.close() does not work in ie 5.5
Author Message
 why window.close() does not work in ie 5.5

Hi,

When I use window.close() to close a popup window, it works fine in ie5 and
netscape, but does not work in ie5.5. what's the problem? How to deal the
problem?

I have another question about javascript, is it possible for javascript to
call a VB function? For example, if I want to pass a parameter wwww from a
javascript function T(Q) to a VB function h(l), how can I do that.

Thanks in advance.

Marry

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:34:42 GMT
 why window.close() does not work in ie 5.5

Quote:

> When I use window.close() to close a popup window, it works fine in ie5
and
> netscape, but does not work in ie5.5. what's the problem? How to deal the
> problem?

Microsoft disabled some "dangerous" Javascript calls in IE5.5 such as
window.close (self.focus is also disabled which is a pain for one of my web
sites that uses 2 windows for navigation and each one needs to bring itself
to the front when a link is clicked in the other). AFAIK MS decided that any
calls that could modify the state of the window were too risky.

Dan

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:48:41 GMT

1. Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP

2. Dolphin plugin with IE 5.5

3. tcl plugin with IE 5.5 SP2

4. KLEZ virus and IE 5.5 patch 2

5. Why drawinto not working with Windows?

6. Clarion 5.5 What am I doing wrong????

7. My .py CGI script works in IE but not Netscape

8. Why Forth is not doing so well

9. Why 5.5

10. Close buttons not working ????

11. Alias stopped working (5.5)