JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?
Author Message
 JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?

I got a hoax warning, did file search, and turned up TWO
files on my xp connected to the internet. The one with the
teddy bear we now know to be a microsoft file, but the one
in all caps with a prefetch extension is NOT on my other
XP, which is not connected to internet.

Could this be a problem? Or did Microsoft change the way
they installed their Java de{*filter*}?

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 03:45:19 GMT
 JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?

Quote:

> I got a hoax warning, did file search, and turned up TWO
> files on my xp connected to the internet. The one with the
> teddy bear we now know to be a microsoft file, but the one
> in all caps with a prefetch extension is NOT on my other
> XP, which is not connected to internet.

> Could this be a problem? Or did Microsoft change the way
> they installed their Java de{*filter*}?

No this is still part of how XP works.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:58:38 GMT
 JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?
How can we get official notification if this is a hoax or
not?

Quote:

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:21:51 GMT
 JDBGMGR.EXE-339B289F.pf also not a hoax?

Quote:

> How can we get official notification if this is a hoax or
> not?

What do you call "official" exactly? The fact that the email telling you
that jdbmgr.exe is a hoax is on every antivirus website out there. It's on
the microsoft website
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322993) and its
been discussed here every day for months on end, including input from
Microsoft employees. Unless you were maybe hoping for George Bush or the
Queen of England to pop round and tell you personally, I'm not sure what
else it is you could possibly need.

Rob Moir
Microsoft MVP

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:36:04 GMT

1. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

2. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

3. Jdbgmgr.exe file hoax

4. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

5. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

8. Dangerous Hoax jdbgmgr.exe

9. hoax jdbgmgr.exe

10. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax-tried everything

11. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

12. email telling persons to delete jdbgmgr.exe (teddy bear hoax)