yaha virus
Author Message
 yaha virus

My computer is all screwed up because of the yaha k
virus. I have the instructions for removing it from
symantec, but to disable system restore requires logging
in as a sytem adminitrator and i can't find how to do
this ANYWHERE. I would like to fix this without taking
the computer in-- is there a way to do this?
Em

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:09:45 GMT
 yaha virus
log off, when you log back on, put adminstrator as person
logging in, and then enter password...
Quote:

Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:48:02 GMT
 yaha virus

Quote:
> My computer is all screwed up because of the yaha k
> virus. I have the instructions for removing it from
> symantec, but to disable system restore requires logging
> in as a sytem adminitrator and i can't find how to do
> this ANYWHERE. I would like to fix this without taking
> the computer in-- is there a way to do this?
> Em

What version of Windows?

If windows 9x or ME, there is no administrator, just do it.

If Windows 2000 or XP or NT and you have forgotten the administrator
password, see here:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.htm#password

Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:06:00 GMT
 yaha virus
Emily,  I'm searching for solutions on how to fix this on
Win2000.  I did have the virus on my computer at home
running WinXP.  This is how I cured it...First of all let
me say that on the web sites of Virus scanning companies
like trend micro or McaFee,  they give you tools to get
rid of the virus but they do not discuss the loss of
functionality of the computer.  You will, I'm sure, have
experienced that most shortcuts to run applications will
not work.  Instead you will be finding errors stating that
it cannot find your target file.  This presents a problem
that I am having limited sucsess in working around. Hence
when you download a cureall program like McAfee's Stinger
you cannotlaunch it because of your scrwed up op system.
Back to the fix,...first of all I went to Trend micros web
site and ran the online scan.  housecall.trendmicro.com
this scan took about 20 min on my computer with a 40 gig
drive. It will return 4-6 files which are infected saying
they cannot be cleaned.  I deleted these files.  I then
rebootedmy computer in safe mode (normal) this can be done
by tapping the F8 key while the computer is booting.  You
will be soon giventhe option of logging on as
administrator or everybody else.  Log on as
Administrator.  If you have not created an Administrator
account just click ok for a blank password.  You will then
be given an option to restore the computer to an earlier
date.  I choose oneabout a week previuos to being infected
..  I then rebooted normally and have been fine since.  I
did run the online scan again and was found to be
clean...  Emily excuse my typing and spelling, I am on a
laptop and I hate typing on it.  Please be cautioned as I
am only an intermediate user and my solution is in no way
promised to work.  Once again be advised that I typed this
from memory and although I think I havebeen thorough you
may have to adlib a bit.  Good Luck...now I try to figure
out my problem...
Quote:

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:09:09 GMT

1. YAHA Virus

2. YAHA virus

3. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

4. I-Worm/yaha.k

5. YAHA WORM SOLOUTION

6. yaha.k

7. YAHA worm

8. how do i get rid of yaha worm?

9. W32/Yaha.

10. yaha\g

11. got a pretty harmless virus(w32 yaha) but cant get rid of it..help!!!

12. please help!!!..w32 yaha.k virus wont give me access to 'system restore..