More on 'Microsoft' Security Update
Author Message
 More on 'Microsoft' Security Update

I luckily deleted this so called update, because as has been pointed out, MS
never e-mails exe's. But interestingly, following on it's heals in my next
download, was a message, with no file attached but suspicious, I checked
the message source and it appeared to be code with no discernible message.
I've never seen this before. Could it be they were related? In other words,
could the exe 'open the door'
for the message to do it's damage without a file attachment?

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:22:45 GMT
 More on 'Microsoft' Security Update

some sort of MIME encoded msg.

Regards
Patrick Nolan / Symantec

Quote:
> I luckily deleted this so called update, because as has been pointed out,
MS
> never e-mails exe's. But interestingly, following on it's heals in my next
> download, was a message, with no file attached but suspicious, I checked
> the message source and it appeared to be code with no discernible message.
> I've never seen this before. Could it be they were related? In other
words,
> could the exe 'open the door'
> for the message to do it's damage without a file attachment?

Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:48:13 GMT

1. Microsoft Internet Security Updates

2. 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 98 and Windows N

3. Trojan email Masquerading as Microsoft Security update?

4. Maritz: Why Microsoft won't ship Sun's Java Class Libraries

5. IEEE VITAL Update Report - DAC'97 Bird's-of-a-Feather Session

6. 'update' from Tk_Lib

7. Tcl/Tk 'update idletasks' command

8. Using SQL Update Instead of Clarion's Update

9. UPDATE: Tcl'97 Tcl Update Talk

10. Checking a DSN's security

11. Tk security -- what I'd like to see

12. Tk security -- what I'd like to see