Messages in InoculateIt
Author Message
 Messages in InoculateIt

I downloaded some stuff on the internet which i tried installing, when
InoculateIt found that it contained the Trojan win32.pws.Uragan.  It
displayed the message: "InoculateIt found out that the file online.exe is
actualy the win32.pws.Uragan Trojan. Cannot restore." What does this "cannot
restore" mean? I immediately ran a full system scan, and it detected no
viruses. My definition files are up to date (May 30). Am i still infected?

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:17:50 GMT
 Messages in InoculateIt
When a virus has appended to a file and an antivirus finds it, the AV
removes the virus thus restoring the file to what it originally was intended
to be.
If a file is mere virus, then there would be nothing left if the virus was
removed. Hence "Cannot restore" message.
And if your AV says you have no virus and your definition files are updated
then you can trust it. You are not infected

--
_______________
Jorge E. Jaramillo

Quote:
> I downloaded some stuff on the internet which i tried installing, when
> InoculateIt found that it contained the Trojan win32.pws.Uragan.  It
> displayed the message: "InoculateIt found out that the file online.exe is
> actualy the win32.pws.Uragan Trojan. Cannot restore." What does this
"cannot
> restore" mean? I immediately ran a full system scan, and it detected no
> viruses. My definition files are up to date (May 30). Am i still infected?

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:36:43 GMT

1. Antigen found HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) virus

2. Antigen found HTML/MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) v irus

3. Antigen found HTML\MimeExploit.IFRAME (CA(InoculateIT),CA(Vet)) v irus

4. Antigen found VBS/Haptime.A@mm (Norman,CA(InoculateIT)) virus

5. Antigen found Win32/PSW.Hooker 2.4.Trojan (CA(InoculateIT)) virus

6. No more free Inoculateit, what to use now?

7. Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function

8. How to mapp clarion message to my message procedure

9. output color message (text) to a message box (string)

10. output color message (text) to a message box (string)

11. How to retrive forwarded message from multipart message body

12. InoculateIT detected the (Win32/Fancy) virus in Mailbox (Public F olders), Sender (ZS) !!!