Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.
Author Message
 Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.

Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.  I did
something tonight I never ever do.. I clicked on an email before could stop
myself, rrr now I think I have a virus.  I have no idea what to do.  I've
just run the virus scanner and it doesn't recognise it, even though it was
only updated yesterday.  I received the email from: WeeklyUpdate, subject:
subscribe message. interestingly enough it arrived in both my hot mail
accounts, I still have it unopened in the other,  though it wont allow me to
move it to a file I have name infected.  In the account were I did open it,
it has deleted my folders and messages, including it's self.  But now I'm
left with one account I can't access and the other that I can't move said
message from.  I also have some important email coming tonight and I don't
know what to do.  Please someone tell me.....  this is the first time this
has ever happened to me.  I'm so careful not to let it happen, I honestly
can't believe it has.
--
Best wishes,
Linda

Quote:
>>>=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor

Roosevelt=<<<

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 01:36:45 GMT
 Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.

I'm not an expert, but I'll post in case the experts are off celebrating Mom's Day.

Seems everyone posting here recommends downloading for free:
InnoculateIT from www.cai.com  or
HouseCall from www.microtrend.com

Good luck!  Don't reply to sender in case your outgoing email would carry the virus.
-- LittleBit

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:43:21 GMT
 Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.

Well thanks for the advice LittleBit, looks like it's down to the pc shop tomorrow at 30. an hour, that's around $60.  {*filter*}y marvellous!
Linda

  I'm not an expert, but I'll post in case the experts are off celebrating Mom's Day.

  Seems everyone posting here recommends downloading for free:
  InnoculateIT from www.cai.com  or
  HouseCall from www.microtrend.com

  Good luck!  Don't reply to sender in case your outgoing email would carry the virus.
  -- LittleBit

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 07:59:22 GMT
 Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.

The next best thing to throwing your PC out if its only 2 mo. old is to rely on the warranty & take it back.  The other option is to completely reformat & re-install everything.  If bought under warranty, I would take that route first. -- LB

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:14:16 GMT
 Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.
Hi Linda,

I guess you are all talking about your e-mails in your Hotmail account. Do
you connect as POP or do you only reach via your web browser.

Could you also inform us about the e-mail which you have received and the
symptoms in detail.

Quote:

> Please, Please can some one help me I don't know what to do.  I did
> something tonight I never ever do.. I clicked on an email before could
stop
> myself, rrr now I think I have a virus.  I have no idea what to do.  I've
> just run the virus scanner and it doesn't recognise it, even though it was
> only updated yesterday.  I received the email from: WeeklyUpdate, subject:
> subscribe message. interestingly enough it arrived in both my hot mail
> accounts, I still have it unopened in the other,  though it wont allow me
> move it to a file I have name infected.  In the account were I did open
it,
> it has deleted my folders and messages, including it's self.  But now I'm
> left with one account I can't access and the other that I can't move said
> message from.  I also have some important email coming tonight and I don't
> know what to do.  Please someone tell me.....  this is the first time this
> has ever happened to me.  I'm so careful not to let it happen, I honestly
> can't believe it has.
> --
> Best wishes,
> Linda

> Roosevelt=<<<

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:09:12 GMT

1. please, please, please, please, help

3. PLEASE DON'T LAUGH....I need help with some 32-bit declares in WordBasic

4. i don't get it...please help

5. HELP !..PLEASE,PLEASe,PLEAse,PLEase,PLease,Please,please.....

6. VSE 3.1 Repository Problem: Please help (please please?)

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

8. please,please please do help us

9. Python Y2K statement (please don't laugh too hard--I'm serious)

10. Please don't respond to stupid crosspost

11. PLEASE DON'T KILL THE LIST

12. Please *don't* post any binary attachments