address book virus
Author Message
 address book virus

Hoax

If you get an email from someone with the suflnbk.exe file attached -- that attachment
most likely has a virus

: My sister sent me an email apologizing for this new virus
: which supposedly transfers between address books.  It can
: supposedly elude the major virus checker programs.  In her
: email were instructions to delete the bad file,
: "suflnbk.exe".
:
: Is this for real or a hoax?  I have this file on my PC and
: so does my son.  Is it a legit file someone is trying to
: get people to delete, or a virus?

Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:03:04 GMT
 address book virus
I have said it before and I will say it again - "the
gospel according to Symantec" says it is a hoax.  See the
following link:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.war
ning.html

PS:The following is the URL for Symantec's HOAX Listing:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

I have saved myself and my friends a lot ofanxit=ety
using this site!

Quote:

message

>: My sister sent me an email apologizing for this new
virus
>: which supposedly transfers between address books.  It
can
>: supposedly elude the major virus checker programs.  In
her
>: email were instructions to delete the bad file,
>: "suflnbk.exe".
>:
>: Is this for real or a hoax?  I have this file on my PC
and
>: so does my son.  Is it a legit file someone is trying
>: get people to delete, or a virus?

>.

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:57:39 GMT

1. address book virus

2. virus protection for address books

3. Can viruses use the corporate mail address book?

4. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

5. Need some pointers for writing an address book.

6. Accessing Entourage Address Book...

7. Simple address-book application

8. Novell Groupwise / Address Book Provider (MAPI)

9. address book

10. Fetch the Address book from exchange server ...

11. Outlook Express Address Book??

12. Code to import Eudora address book