Mcafee icons disappear from tray
Author Message
 Mcafee icons disappear from tray

please help met with the following (3) problems:

a computer of a friend is running Win98 SE en Mcafee v4.5.1 with a recent
defenition file.
since a few days, when Windows is started, after about  30 seconds the icons
of Mcafee disppear from the tray.
Mcafee virusscan cannot be started from the startmenu
I reinstalled Mcafee (after d-install) but the problem remains.

I also discovered a file (CUI.EXE) in the startupgroup, after deleting this
file (and also from msconfig.exe) and restarted the computer, the program
was there again (in the startup group).

after deleting again, restarting the pc and holding the shif button at
startup, the mcafee icons disappeared again after some time.

also the computer tries to make a connecting to the internet for no
reason.......

please help me (and a friend)
henk

Tue, 17 May 2005 19:55:08 GMT
 Mcafee icons disappear from tray
Not for sure, but it sounds like you have a virus that
disables your Mcafee AV software, use your DOS based
boot disk and scan in dos mode, if you don't have a dos
rescue disk, go online and do a search for online avscan
some are free...

Quote:

Fri, 20 May 2005 07:05:59 GMT

1. Winico behaviour - Icon in tray but window never disappear from Windows taskbar

2. Tray icon

3. Tray icon template - Need Help

4. WinSock OCX / Icons in system tray - Example Application

5. WinSock OCX / Icons in system tray - Example Code

6. Put icon in system tray

7. How to put my app on tray icon bar

8. Tray Icon and Window Restoration without stealing focus

9. System Tray Icon ???

10. System tray Icon

11. Icon tray when explorer.exe dies

12. Place a tray icon in the Taskbar in Win NT