Backup question
Author Message
 Backup question

I want to throw in a question here. I have always had two hard drives. I use
the second one as a backup drive and it has served me well. It is quick and
efficient.

My question is:

If I got a virus would it be confined to the c:\ drive or would my d:\ drive
be affected too?

--
J. Quinn

"The Bill of Rights' is not a Suicide Pact"
                                .......Unknown

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:12:31 GMT
 Backup question

Quote:
> I want to throw in a question here. I have always had two hard drives. I
use
> the second one as a backup drive and it has served me well. It is quick
and
> efficient.

> My question is:

> If I got a virus would it be confined to the c:\ drive or would my d:\
drive
> be affected too?

Viruses are computer programs that can do pretty much anything that any
other computer program on your system can do. If, for example, notepad can
see your d:\ drive then a virus can too.

Robert Moir, Microsoft MVP
To search the MS Knowledge base use the link below:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/search/c.asp?PSL=1
My Homepage - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
** Emailed questions will not be answered **

Thu, 08 Apr 2004 05:40:45 GMT
 Backup question
Hi,

first of all I may say "sure" depending on the payload and target(s) of a
virus...

 if the second one is a back-up drive, then I may say "sure" again cause it
is in it's nature ! it has a back-up of the virus as well.

regards...

Orhan

Quote:
> I want to throw in a question here. I have always had two hard drives. I
use
> the second one as a backup drive and it has served me well. It is quick
and
> efficient.

> My question is:

> If I got a virus would it be confined to the c:\ drive or would my d:\
drive
> be affected too?

> --
> J. Quinn

> "The Bill of Rights' is not a Suicide Pact"
>                                 .......Unknown

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:12:28 GMT

1. Backup Question.

2. Backup question

3. ISAM file backup questions

4. General Programming Question: Making Backups

5. questions about a backup program for the MS-DOS environment

6. Backups

7. Precautions reqd for System-Volume Backup

8. DFDSS Backup File Structure

9. deleting a backup

10. Creating Backup Report

11. Backup of server in VA3.0 team