.com extension in COMMAND -- virus related ?
Author Message
 .com extension in COMMAND -- virus related ?

Hello,
My computer got infected with CSCRIPT.EXE & STARS.EXE. They have damaged to
certain extent to the email addresses from my outlook express. Before any
major damage could happen to the system, I've removed them from the
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND directory.
Coincidentally, I saw some files with the extension .com in the COMMAND
directoty. Please let me know whether these file names with .com extension
in COMMAND directory normal ? (I have listed them below):
Diskcopy.com
Doskey.com
Format.com
Keyb.com
Mode.com
More.com
Sys.com

--

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 00:42:25 GMT
 .com extension in COMMAND -- virus related ?

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:44:33 GMT

1. New virus related newsgroup

2. Info commands does not show extension added commands?

3. masm .com(PSP) related trouble

4. VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS

5. COM related question

6. PGP related tcl extensions?

7. Virus W32.Sobig.C@mm from 3be15be7@news.softvelocity.com

8. Virus on ftp.ni.com

9. *WARNING - groups.google.com virus problem*

10. Common virus extensions

11. command line virus scanning