Hoax virus - how do I recover?
Author Message
 Hoax virus - how do I recover?

Hi, I received an email from a relilable source telling me
that I needed to identify and delete the
file "jdbgmgr.exe" from my c:drive. I duely did so and
also deleted it from my recycle bin.

Does anyone know what this file does and how I can recover
from here.

Many thanks

Aktar

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:45:20 GMT
 Hoax virus - how do I recover?
Andrew on here has assured many of us fine folks that you do NOT need this
file, unless you are doing some sort of java scripting and need to debug it.

If you really want it back (perhaps because it was a cute teddy bear), go
here and check your particular OS

Hope this helps.

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:53:21 GMT
 Hoax virus - how do I recover?

Quote:

> Hi, I received an email from a relilable source
> telling me that I needed to identify and delete the
> file "jdbgmgr.exe" from my c:drive. I duely did so and
> also deleted it from my recycle bin.

> Does anyone know what this file does and how I can recover
> from here.

> Many thanks

> Aktar

Your source was not reliable.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 322993
Virus Hoax: Microsoft De{*filter*} Registrar for Java
(Jdbgmgr.exe) Is Not a Virus
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
AZC

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 20:59:23 GMT
 Hoax virus - how do I recover?

Quote:
> Your source was not reliable.

Oh I don't know. It's just that people don't understand "reliable". It means
they won't *knowingly* give you bad advice.

Now unknowingly.... is another thing.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:58:31 GMT
 Hoax virus - how do I recover?
Go to Symantec.com and they tell you what the file does
and how you can replace it. It's not a critical WINDOWS
file.
Quote:

Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:33:43 GMT

1. Hoax AOL Virus

2. Virus hoaxes

3. EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

4. Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax

5. How can I Recover my system from this virus

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

8. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

9. virus or hoax

10. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

11. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

12. IMPORTANT....Virus or Hoax